• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Favoritest/Hatingest Lens Tint To LOOK Through

Like RVF stated I personally don't hate any lens tint and each lens has their purpose although aesthetics wise I'm a sucker for the more flashier colors like Violet, Fire, Ruby, etc.

I would have to go with what a majority of people are saying here. I absolutely love the Black Iridium lenses. Aesthetically, Jade lenses look amazing on the frames i own.

For looking through... I like Emerald Iridium and +Red Iridium. Don't like Violet Iridium and Fire Iridium.

That being said, I own a ton of Violet and Fire lenses, just because they look so sweet from the outside. Form over function!

Faves-
black iridium, it's my go to lens. If I customize something it's usually black iridium
Ruby- I dig the blue hue it puts on life, learned to love it when I got my Nicky Hayden holbrooks
Grey- why not?
Positive red- I dunno why
Jade- green is my favorite color
Dislikes-
Fire & violet
Warm grey but its growing on me since its in my smog plaid dispatch twos

My personal preference is that I generally only like Iridium coated lenses. I like to hide my eyes. I think it just looks funny on me if my eyes are visible through the lenses. That being said my favorite color lenses to look through are Titanium Polarized, Gold Polarized, Black Polarized, and OO BIP for now although Titanium is probably my #1 since I've owned them (2005) so likely that will always be high up there. I dislike any no iridium lens but I really haven't found any lens that I dislike looking through. To be fair though, I haven't tried every lens out there on for an extended amount of time. Living in Hawaii I tend to need STRONG sun protection from brightness about 90% of the year so the lighter colors that let more light in don't really get touched by me.

Favorites to look THROUGH: Tungsten Iridium, Titanium Iridium, 24K Iridium, OO BIP - To me, in the area I live in, they are the least harsh to look through in contrast to the colors that are around.
Favorites to look AT: Violet Iridium, 24K Iridium - They are GORGEOUS colors, what more should I say?
Least Favorite to look THROUGH: Fire Iridium, Warm Gray - Just the opposite from faves, They just hurt my eyes to look through. Not a big fan of either.

Favs- Black Irid, Blue Irid (not ice), +Red, Grey...

Least fav- Warm Grey, Fire, Ruby, Bronze

I don't like the blue base tint in Ruby... It's just strange.
And Fire is weird... It seems all my Fire lenses are darker in the center of the lens and lighter toward the edges.

Gold Iridium (not 24K) and +Red are my faves :thumb:
Ruby is by far the worst for me. Can't stand looking through the blue base tint. Brutal :doh:

Latest Posts

Back