• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

"Featured" Threads In Exchange Area?!

Not sure how the forum software you are using is set up, but the previous suggestion gave me another idea.

What if there was a way to prioritize search results to show Featured posts first?

Here's an example-
A member looking for information on fixing his Pit Boss might simply search for "Pit Boss" and get an assortment of threads with the words Pit Boss included. At the top of that search however is someone's Featured thread selling what else- a Pit Boss. Now the member has a quick option of instead of fixing his current pair to check out a pair for sale, or even buy the new pair to use for parts on his current pair.

Another example-
A member is contemplating purchasing a new pair of glasses and hasn't had any luck finding pictures online of the pair they want. They decide to use the search feature here to look for pictures and of course the first things that pop up are other members for sale postings with the model of glasses he was looking for. Most sellers will post pictures of the items they have for sale, giving the member both the pictures they were looking for, and a chance to make a deal with another forum member for the pair they were thinking about buying anyway. A win-win for the seller, buyer, and the Featured thread system.

Maybe none of this is even possible, but the idea popped in my head and I figured I'd toss it out there just in case it could be done. I figure anything that would encourage people to use the Featured thread option will only help the sites operational costs now and in the future.

I appreciate the suggestion. The only issue would be if you have 4-5 stickies in each section, and there are 5 exchange sections your entire first page of what's new would be stickies. Also because What's new is just a search function of the most recent unread threads, it wouldn't be possible to cause stickies to be on top.

Interesting idea though!

I agree, but if there's a standard for titles of FS threads, such as:

New Eye Jacket Smoke/Black Iridium 9/10 $100

You can rip through that first page and you're good to go on Discussion posts. I wouldn't mind it, partially because those people are paying for this forum to keep moving forward, and partially because I want to see all those things first to get a deal or a wanted pair of glasses.

I'm sure it's a feature or a mod somewhere. Considering its all SQL databased, a subforum should be the same language as a search, it's just telling it where to pull the results from and how to sort them.

Latest Posts

Back