• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Ferrari Carbon Blade... BROKE

GH4AU

Carbon Fanatic
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
The South
So,
These Carbon Blades are in fact a bit on the fragile side. I had this one in my cargo pocket inside a microfiber bag. I brushed up against the inside of a door facing and I felt some pressure being applied to the Carbon Blade in my pocket. I removed it from my pocket and found that the stud for the lens screw was pulled out of the carbon frame. Unfortunately, the lens was gouged and scratched in several places during the process. I remember reading a while back of an individual that had a similar problem, but I couldn't find the thread.
I called up Oakley's warranty department and they sent me out a brand new pair. I received them yesterday, and unfortunately one of the lenses has a couple of scratches from the factory. I am lucky that Oakley replaced these for me though since it was pretty much my fault. I feel that the pressure that was applied to rip the stud out was not much, but it did happen in my pocket and the Carbon Blade's could have been better protected by me. They are fragile though, so if you decide to put them in your pocket without a hard case, be prepared for a broken pair of Carbon Blades if you put pressure on them in any way. I'm so used to the bomb proof X-Metals that I really didn't think I would be damaging them while in my pocket in just a microfiber bag. As a matter of fact, all of my Oakley's have gone into my pocket in just a microfiber bag and I have never had a problem. Be careful with these fragile Carbon Blades.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412257838.724793.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412257851.707606.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412257866.949064.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412257808.987252.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412257808.987252.jpg
    163.6 KB · Views: 338
Sucks. Glad Oakley replaced them. Are they making you send back the broken pair?

I treat every single pair the same way, from my wires all the way up to my x metals. I've NEVER put my glasses in my pockets. They're either on top of my head when indoors, or in a microbag inside a soft vault if i'm storing them. In the end, they're just small pieces of plastic, metal, and in your case, carbon fiber.

I did have to send back the broken pair. It is smart to store them in a case while not being worn. I have mostly just stuck them in my pockets in a microfiber bag, and have done this for years without any problems. I'm usually aware of the sunglasses being in my pocket and take extreme care not to damage them. I don't wear them on my head as I have had a pair fall off one time and damaged the lenses and frame. In the end it was my fault and Oakley's awesome warranty department hooked me up with a new pair. They'll be going inside a hard case in my pocket from now on.

First iphone6 ,now carbon blades... noooo!! J/k . Quick question did you have to supply a reciept for the warrenty claim?

Last edited:
That was first thing I saw and I knew I'd tear em up after seeing placement of screw. Glad they replaced for u!

Thanks for sharing your unfortunate experience. I had a pair of half jacket 2.0's fall apart on me this year. The only reason why I only buy and wear Oakley's is because of their reputation of being built to withstand and survive a beating. I was sold on oakleys when I was issued my first pair by the Army 10 years ago. I still have them and they still work. I told everyone that they were indestructible. I don't know that I can say that anymore.

thats not a good experience at all, glad they replaced them. All about carbon fiber, classy look, expensive material but could not stand the test of durability we encounter in daily basis.

That's pretty un-Oakley.

Dang, were these the ones with the "redder" +Red's? Hope your replacement was comparable.

Back