• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Ferrari Carbon Fiber Blades, I love Carbon Fiber...But Getting Lenses is Silly!

I could care less about the collection value, I collect X-Metals...I just like how these fit on me and I wear them because they are so light. I like them. I just wish there was more of a lens selection. I am not looking to collect them, I mean....I have 3 pairs with back up lenses. But would like to be able to get different PRIZM lenses for them. Again...they are sooooo light, I really like how they fit. Still love my Julies and Pennys for life!!!! :)

If you order through an optician, you can choose from a wide variety of Oakley lenses custom-made for Carbon Blade frames by Oakley's prescription department.
Even though they are produced by Oakley's prescription department, the lenses don't have to have a prescription in them; Oakley can make them plano.
Last time I checked, Oakley's prescription department offered five different Prizm lenses, more than ten different iridium lenses, more than ten different polarized lenses, and a couple Transitions lenses for the Carbon Blade.

If you order through an optician, you can choose from a wide variety of Oakley lenses custom-made for Carbon Blade frames by Oakley's prescription department.
Even though they are produced by Oakley's prescription department, the lenses don't have to have a prescription in them; Oakley can make them plano.
Last time I checked, Oakley's prescription department offered five different Prizm lenses, more than ten different iridium lenses, more than ten different polarized lenses, and a couple Transitions lenses for the Carbon Blade.

Really?? I never knew that! Where can I see a list of what is available? I would LOVE LOVE Polarized Iridium 24K!! So I just go to a local optician and have them order the lenses? Is there a large extra fee? THANKS!!!

Really?? I never knew that! Where can I see a list of what is available? I would LOVE LOVE Polarized Iridium 24K!! So I just go to a local optician and have them order the lenses? Is there a large extra fee? THANKS!!!
In my limited experience, the best way to find out which lenses are available is to talk to an optician with an Oakley account who can access Oakley's prescription ordering system. If you live near an Oakley Store, you could ask the optician there.
You could try calling Oakley Customer Service. Although they cannot take orders for the prescription department, they may be able to tell you what lenses are available.
Sadly, last time I checked 24k Iridium was one of the few lenses not available for the Carbon Blade. My information may be out of date, however.
These are Oakley lenses custom made to your order by Oakley, so they are not cheap: I believe the MSRP ranges from $230 to over $350 for a pair of Carbon Blade lenses, depending on the combination of lens features (Iridium, polarized, Transitions).
This thread contains some suggestions for finding discounted prices on lenses:
Oakley RX (Prescription) Options

Not worth it. Costs a fortune.

I believe the MSRP ranges from $230 to over $350 for a pair...
That was my experience with Oakley Rx.
Whether or not you could get a Ferrari etched Ruby polarized Transition, would depend on your banker.

If I wanted a Ferrari Carbon Blade, for sure I'd be ordering a replacement lens or two at time of purchase.

That's the thing, you can't order replacement blades. I had to call in a special favor to get the extra lenses I have. Many either LOVE these glasses, or hate them because they are so light and fragile. I love em. Treat them gently and with care and you won't have any issues....I love the fit and how they look on me more than any other pair Oakley now makes.

Back