1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. joscejrod

joscejrod Oakley Beginner

In March, Oakley is going to release Ferrari version of that frames. I can't understand why oakley has chosen fire iridium (non polarized) for tincans and black iridium polarized for tinfoils (the same that badmans,madmans...)

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. joscejrod

joscejrod Oakley Beginner

Has anyone had issues with screwless sistem of tincan/tinfoil frame?

3. pjd1234

pjd1234 X METAL NERD

They work perfect bro i once have a tinfoil they work perfect and durability is awesome it will last for sure.

4. Delorean2006

Delorean2006 Oakley Beginner

Haven't had one issue with the screwless design, I have two pairs of tinfoil carbons and a pair of tincups for prescription and the screwless hinge works flawlessly, the arms are just as springy as day one

5. joshbrinzo

joshbrinzo Oakley Enthusiast Premium Member

I have a Tincan Carbon and I haven't had any issues at all. The hinges seem pretty good to me. One of my favorite pairs too.

6. Brettc10

Brettc10 Oakley Expert

I have 2 pair of Tinfoil and love them. Hinges are tight as the the day I bought them.

7. dududuckling

dududuckling Oakley Beginner

Bringing up an old thread - I have had issues with the hinges on my Oakley Tincan Ferrari Edition.

On the first Tincan, having worn it for about a year, the left stem does not swing out with ease. As it swings out, there seems to be some kind of a friction on the left hinge. I sent it to Oakley and they replaced it under warranty.

On my second Tincan, having worn it for about two weeks, the left hinge makes a "click" noise each time the stem swings out (although with ease). The right hinge does not make any clicking noise, but the stem does not swing out (same problem with the first Tincan that I had).

I use these glasses casually. I have daily used a Fast Jacket for two years, and recently purchased an M2, and never had problems with these glasses.

I have emailed Oakley Warranty again. I hope that I received a bad batch and it simply requires a minor fix.

Ferrari Edition Tincan Carbon and Tinfoil Carbon - IMG_9445.JPG

Ferrari Edition Tincan Carbon and Tinfoil Carbon - IMG_9451.JPG

Ferrari Edition Tincan Carbon and Tinfoil Carbon - IMG_9452.JPG

Last edited: 12/4/15
  8. OakleyFrankFMJ

OakleyFrankFMJ The Legend - - Vlad the Impaler Premium Member Lifetime Member

Let us know what they do on that second one. Strange that is happening again