• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Ferraris!

My Jupiter Ferrari arrived today. Same stuff (case bag, box) as the CB, but honestly I was not nearly as impressed. Too much plastic up front and the carbon arms do not compensate for it. I think it takes away from the lenses, but that is just my opinion. On the positive side the lenses are the same, or at least look like the same color/hue/clarity. I was never big into Frogs and these are just oversized Frogskins with a little bit of carbon on the sides. That said the hinges are cool. I took pics with them together but too busy or just too lazy... or maybe just not impressed enough to post them.

initial pics @

Ferrari Jupiter - a set on Flickr

You can see the Jupiter below the Blade. The angles are 'interesting', but the pics do not justice to the abundance of plastic on these!

The Ferrari Carbon Blade set the bar Waaaaay too high!

I might just have to return my Jupiter Ferrari :confused:

Last edited:
I kind of lost my appetite after opening mine... meh...
I ordered a pair too as I have had most of the color ways of the Jup. Carbons in the past. I do wish they were JFL's though. There is too much plastic on the Jup. Carbon. I'll see when I get mine if I am going to keep them. I really like the red, but am not a fan of the plastic.

Just pickup jupiter carbon today. The black/red combo is real hard to pass up. Now I just need sell few pairs on ebay to buy a carbon blade.

I saw the Ferrari Carbon Blade at my local Oakley store. While they looked pretty good one me, I was most impressed with the case. It had the prancing pony logo embossed into the top, and then another prancing pony logo inside. Looked very classy.

I'm waiting on the Ferrari CB, should be here Saturday. After reading all the replies I may end up get the regular Carbon Blade too, but not like MJLSr, he got every color available for the Carbon Blades+ the Ferrari...lol