• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Filing A Warranty Claim

music_man185

Oakley Beginner
Have any of you ever had to make a warranty claim with oakley? I have a pair of livestrong straight jackets that I have probably worn 10 times in the last year. I wore them today, and my friend told me that it looked like the lens had a smudge in the corner. I took them off and inspected them. And sure enough, it looked like a smudge. I tried cleaning them with my microfiber bag, and it wouldn't come off. It looks like the iridium finish is wearing off. I have only wore them a few times, and never cleaned or wiped them with anything but oakley cleaner and cloth. I noticed on oakley.com that the livestrong straight jackets aren't available anymore. Will they replace them? Or give me a refund? Will I have to mail them my glasses and wait on a reply? I'm pretty sure they are within the year warranty period. What are my options if they are not?

Lenses are tricky. If you call they'll send you a questionnaire to fill out and also require you to send in a few pics to be "reviewed"

I got lucky and had a pair of 3D lenses that were peeling and they were replaced under warranty, but like I said, I was lucky.

They will require a proof of purchase from an authorized dealer, generally a receipt, or a credit card statement that shows the purchase. If you got them from a SGH or an Ostore you're set, but if you got them here or on eBay odds are you're out of luck.

Either way good luck with the process, I've been happy with the few pairs I've had warranty work done on.

I have filed several claims and they have never asked me for a picture or fill out a questionnaire. They will only replace lenses if it is a factory defect, if you have a scratch or a smudge, they do not warranty against those. If the iridium is in fact pealing, they probably will replace the one for you. You better make sure you have the receipt, without that, you're probably not going to have much luck.

i bought them from oakley.com. but i'm pretty sure i dont have the receipt. is there anyway they can look it up since i bought it from them?

i think, without the receipt you will have no luck . . .
did you paid via credit card?!

i logged in to oakley.com and checked my order status. my order for the straight jackets still appears. it was placed on July 20th last year. do you guys think this will suffice as a receipt?

Back