• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Finally Bought Some Juliets

I've seen those and they're awesome. What's makes them classified as a Ti02? What does it mean?
Ti02 is Titanium Dioxide. My guess is that is just the name of the finish to differentiate from the Oakley titanium finish, but someone else would have to back me up on that. :idk:

Plasma/fire was my first Juliet (12 years ago) and I still have her as my wife would never let me sell her. She needs a little Xman love but still pretty good shape. Enjoy but be careful the Juliet fever is worse than Scarlet fever.

Ti02 is Titanium Dioxide. My guess is that is just the name of the finish to differentiate from the Oakley titanium finish, but someone else would have to back me up on that. :idk:
TiO2 is a common tool finish, it's an oxidized titanium compound. Like rust in steel, but not nearly the same result.

Items that use TiO2 such as tool bits have this two-tone look. Not sure 100% why, but the two tone thing isn't Oakley unique.
vhm643_kat.jpg

And titanium dioxide is a common white pigment for things like sunscreen.

Totally legit and looking sweet.

To elaborate on the TiO2, x-metals do the two-tone by having x-metal color on the nosebridge and earstems and plasma on the orbitals. There are customs out there where they reverse the two-tone and / or use carbon finish instead of x-metal finish, among other things.

Hope you enjoy them!

Yeah man! Now all you have to do is trade in all those ugly a$$ 2nd Gen Valves and get some more Metals!

Back