1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. joshbrinzo

joshbrinzo Oakley Enthusiast Premium Member

My girlfriend just bought me this Ikea Detolf case for my birthday. I really like it and it looks good with most of my collection in there. I am going to need to add some more stands to it so I can fit the rest of my glasses in there. I plan on adding a few items like grips or the SE Bikes gloves.

Finally Got A Case For My Collection - TdKPtSv.jpg?1

mercat, Frogskins, dave m and 3 others like this.
    Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Luis

Luis Oakley Enthusiast

That looks pretty wicked. How would you go about adding more stands? More glass shelves?

3. joshbrinzo

I have the one double tier stand on the top, so I wouldn't mind a few of those. But, I definitely would like to add a few more shelves.

4. Luis

Luis Oakley Enthusiast

I read in a collectible forum once instructions how to add more shelves to those Ikea stands. Forgot how though :(

5. CarGuy

CarGuy Oakley Expert Premium Member Lifetime Member

Read between the lines she stated, "here's a cabinet for you to put your Oakley stuff in so they're not all over the place".
    Next Litos is going to ask for a pic of her. :)

6. joshbrinzo

I think her actual intentions might have been, "here is a case and once it's full you need to stop!" She thinks it's getting a little crazy, but she knows I enjoy it.

7. dave m

dave m Oakley Enthusiast

I've been sniffing around a couple of x metal cases near here, I looked at the ikea one a few weeks ago when I was in the store and thought it would look nice, is it fairly sturdy when built? Ikea had theirs with units either side so I couldn't get a feel of how solid it was.

8. joshbrinzo

Yeah, it is pretty sturdy. It doesn't seem cheap or anything and it looks really good. Once it's built it seems like it can hold up well.

9. dave m

dave m Oakley Enthusiast

Thanks for the info, price seems pretty good at under £50 here and it doesn't look too in your face as a proper one might, what worries me if I get something like that, it'll be obvious how many pairs I have!