• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Finally Got A Display

OpinionatedOakley said:
I went to an out-of-business sale at a sporting goods store looking to score an O tower I had seen there. They had sent the tower back to O, but showed me this Native sunglasses case that was $40. It holds 32 glasses, revolves on ball bearings, is encased in clear polycarb, has locks, and I think the stands are superior to both O stands and the shelves they use. I've been looking for another, but they seem to be rare.

One day I want to change the green polycarb parts to machined aluminum. Wouldn't be hard, and would look more Oakley.

I can tell the manager was a goody-two-shoes..they're supposed to send them back to Oakley because it's not theirs. All cases are owned by Oakley. Usually if it's a small scale shop they won't give a **** and just sell it but if it is a large chain retailer they can risk the whole company losing their dealer license.

I can tell the manager was a goody-two-shoes..they're supposed to send them back to Oakley because it's not theirs. All cases are owned by Oakley. Usually if it's a small scale shop they won't give a **** and just sell it but if it is a large chain retailer they can risk the whole company losing their dealer license.

So the dealers must be loaned the displays for free. That explains the low price on the secondary market.

OpinionatedOakley said:
So the dealers must be loaned the displays for free. That explains the low price on the secondary market.

Don't really know if they have to pay or if they are free since my shop doesn't have an O case. When you think about it the secondary market IS cheap..whether you were being sarcastic or not, I was told that the 6' cases cost around $1,000 to make and they go on CL for >$700..might seem like Oakley would be losing a heap load of money but they recycle the aluminum from the old cases and I don't know what they do with the black cases...again I was just told this by my friend at HQ. Don't actually know Oakley's exact statistics and neither do any of us. Its just what I was told.

All a Oakley dealer pays for is the cabinet and sales rep pays the shipping to the Dealer. Once they are not a dealer anymore Oakley Rep might or might not come pick it up. Dealer doesn't ship it back. All the reps are to do is destroy them. But we know they do not do this. Also 7 out of 10 times reps never show up to take back the display case. I know a ex rep that let me go to a Dr and say I work for him and picked up my first case.

gs300 said:
All a Oakley dealer pays for is the cabinet and sales rep pays the shipping to the Dealer. Once they are not a dealer anymore Oakley Rep might or might not come pick it up. Dealer doesn't ship it back. All the reps are to do is destroy them. But we know they do not do this. Also 7 out of 10 times reps never show up to take back the display case. I know a ex rep that let me go to a Dr and say I work for him and picked up my first case.

Sneaky lucky bastard... :lol:

Don't really know if they have to pay or if they are free since my shop doesn't have an O case. When you think about it the secondary market IS cheap..whether you were being sarcastic or not, I was told that the 6' cases cost around $1,000 to make and they go on CL for >$700..

No, I was being serious. For the cost of two Juliets you can get a bitchin' tower.

Back