1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Zeke

Zeke - The Retarded Battle Continues ... Premium Member

Ordered a pair of Matte Fog / Gray Polarized Valve's 16 days ago, & they finally arrived today!

:cool-20: Finally Got My (2014) Valve's Today!!! - 9cf51b2c-9c2b-4a30-b73e-78f80996acf2_zps8ee5ece4.jpg Yea!!!

But these were out-of-stock for at least 14 days. Ugh. ... but it was what it was.

4 Days later, an e-Mail offers UPS Tracking! I was stoked, ... but remembered UPS Ground from California ----> NY was going to take ALL of the 8-10 days, ... & it did.

Anyhow, these are awesome. For me, they fit like the proverbial "glove". The arms have a weird "double click" when swinging open & closed.

Someone tell me why? Just remember, with new products, I'm a total n()()b. I have not had anything newer than, uh, 2002'ish? EJ 3.0 FMJ's. :focus:

Just wanted to share my experience ... photos to come tomorrow ... Sun had already set when I got home to my "Special Delivery".

... & by this time next week I will have my fifth set of Oakley's, & a couple other things that maybe it will be enough & worthwhile at that time to take some real nice photos & create something in the "Creations" area of this Forum. :neo:

Be good, y'all!

Buddha Yodie likes this.
    Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. OakleyGuru379

OakleyGuru379 What is that thing?!

It is a twin-cam hinge, which clicks in when opened up. Old pairs don't have this.

3. Zeke

Zeke - The Retarded Battle Continues ... Premium Member

Gotcha ... It was easy to figure out how the mechanism worked, etc., it just semi-seemed unnecessary ... but that is just goofy 'ol me.

4. headpatrolman

headpatrolman O Addict

Good hinges for O-matte frames, tend to stay tighter longer than the old style hinges. Will loosen over time though especially if they get a lot of face time and get opened and closed often

5. Oakleynerd

Oakleynerd Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

i like the 2014 valve!

rigth now i have just one, but i guess, at the end of the year i will have a few more :cool-20:

6. discodave

discodave Go Navy!

Love the new valves! I have two pairs now.

7. pistolpetefan23

pistolpetefan23 Oakley Expert Premium Member

Zeke, don't take this the wrong way, but you look like a big-headed guy like me. Curious what size hat you wear, as I'm trying to figure out if the new Valve would fit me.