• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Finally got my Oakley Display Case!!

JoshAD330

Oakley Enthusiast
For a couple of years now I have wanted to get an Oakley Display case. The x-metal single tower was the one that appealed to me the most. But every time I saw one on Ebay it was far away from me. Well, finally last week one was being sold near my hometown. It looked great and the price was right so I praised the Heavens and grabbed it. Last sunday I finally brought it home. I still cannot believe I have it in my studio after all these years waiting. It was worth the wait. Now I feel like the king of the world. I only have 11 pairs of Oakleys and some stands and cases so they will all fit nicely in their new home. Yes, my babies got a new home. He he. The Display case is in such great condition that I dont have to polish it. I wiped the aluminum frame with soapy water and it looks great. I also removed the plexiglass shelves because they have some minor scratches that I intend to remove with the Novus 123 polish kit. In the future I may add some lights to this case. In fact, the case has a nice sundial design on top that looks really cool. In sum, I am a happy camper. I am attaching some pics. :)

001.JPG

004.JPG

005.JPG

003.JPG

002.JPG

Oh boy, you are probably right. Actually right now I am being tempted by the Oakley Ferrari Carbon Blade. It looks sooo sexy to me and I would love to have a pair with ruby lenses. That one could become pair number 12 in the near future. Oh boy, another baby coming my way? he he

Nice Case!:) What is the normal value of this display?
Thanks. Well, the value is usually determined by the condition of the display case. A display case in almost mint condition is going to cost more than one that is beat up and that requires some TLC. I paid $395 for mine. For me it was a good price based on the great condition of the case. Recently I have seen similar cases selling on Ebay for $225, $500, $600 and sometimes more. You never know, sometimes you can find a motivated seller who for whatever reason is eager to sell and you may get a good price. Other times the buyer is the one who is motivated to buy and is willing to pay more. I had been searching for one for over 3 years so when this one was being sold close to my hometown I knew I had to act quickly. In sum, value is a relative thing. For me $395 was a great deal. Other collectors may have a different opinion. I guess it all depends on how much it is worth to you and how much you are willing to pay to get it. :)

Back