1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Ventruck

Ventruck Oakley Expert

I always meant to get this but..
    Upon release: Cav was the only one available and I wanted a pair asap. Grabbed one in store right at opening.

F&F came and went when money wasn't there. Got a deal on the white/Jade pair and figured I'd get some custom work done by you-know-who on it. Also wanted the retina parts for future use.

Ended up getting some shop version of the Atomic Orange pair at a swap meet. At this point 3 Jawbreakers was more than I can use, and given the last two were stupid-cheap I wasn't for buying another near full price.

But then the Asian fit version (aka same as the original) of the Uranium Jawbreaker is/was at Oakley's website for $150 and it's duh ima go get it thug life yolo.

Swapped silver rings, red clip (meh) and retina stems on. The last one was a part of my plans since the start because I don't like how the black stems appear underneath. I do have a retina jaw but you never go full retina.

This was really the only Jawbreaker I thought I'd ever get. Didn't expect it 3 pairs later.

Finally got the Jawbreaker I intended to get in the first place. - 20161006_203338.jpg Finally got the Jawbreaker I intended to get in the first place. - 20161006_184433.jpg Finally got the Jawbreaker I intended to get in the first place. - 20161006_184819.jpg
    Finally got the Jawbreaker I intended to get in the first place. - 20161006_183707.jpg

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Nortika

Nortika Oakley Expert Premium Member

Nice!!! Congrats they look great

Ventruck likes this.
  3. QLR1

QLR1 DARK SIDE, embraced!

Congrats! I had no idea the AF were identical to the regular...same node pads, etc?!?!!? That is crazy.

Ventruck likes this.
  4. Ventruck

Ventruck Oakley Expert

Dimensions online are identical, but I only really know when there was a thread way back. There was speculation that there was a difference because a couple users picked up AF's to find the lens edges were cut rounder, and the regular lenses wouldn't fit their frames. Turned out it was due to them picking up samples when another user confirmed the dimensions on a retail pair. So only real difference is the installed pad and SKU#

I think Oakley completely scrapped complete AF sport frames. It's pads/and or lenses doing the work, and it makes sense for production costs.

Only exception may be the Zero EV's Pitch lens option, because they possibly extended the lens further out to space the stems.

QLR1 likes this.
  5. QLR1

I don't see much AF on the site nowadays, probably because end what you are saying. And the AF used to be noticeably cheaper too.

Sent from Q's Note5

6. Gustavson

Gustavson Oakley Beginner

Very discrete colors

7. OakleyFrankFMJ

OakleyFrankFMJ The Legend - - Vlad the Impaler Premium Member Lifetime Member

Nicely done. Congrats! :party:

8. cyclerdoug

cyclerdoug Oakley Expert Premium Member

Yes, well done, love the mods to the retina.
    ;)

9. QLR1

I noticed the last part, @Ventruck, whether you said you don't go full retina. I agree with that! You have to break up that loud green somewhere. IMO, all retina is ugly.

Sent from Q's Note5

Ventruck likes this.
  10. thisguy

thisguy Oakley Expert

Congratulations on finally getting the colorway you always wanted.
    I really like the way it turned out.

Ventruck likes this.