• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Finally! My Single-Wide Is Home!

Dyeraudio

Juliet Enthusiast
Well......after 507 miles roundtrip, almost 2 tanks of gas and $130......my Single -Wide is home! Its the typical....with 2 drawers and 4 shelves.....no lighting...(thats OK).....all locks work and I have the key. Now I'm anxious to start cleaning, polishing......and filling it! Now I know this in NOT the way to haul a case...and it looks TOTAL Sanford & Son.....but I was desperate! And seeing that U-Haul wanted about $350 total to get it......this seemed much better! Had absolutely NO problems....2 ratchet tiedowns and some foam....I think my wife would have frowned upon me using our 2011 Maxima!
photo3-1.jpg

LOL! It did! And it was pretty windy too....but man I tell ya...after going on Thanksgiving Day and coming back empty handed I was DESPERATE! He held it for me and I figured use the work car right? Actually it was only 256 miles home but still.....Now I'm anxious to get started on it! I'll try and post pics during its "cleanup".....NOW I feel like an Oakley collector....knowing that its sitting in my man-cave kinda empty...well that might not be such a good thing.....

glad you got one...still the best case...i used aluminum cleaner from home depot and Novus plastic polisher for the plexi glass..it really works well..but make sure you use the 3 step process.

very nice dude! lol love the way you got it strapped up there. I love this style single tower. so rugged and industrial! congrats man.

LOL! WOW. This is awesome. If i saw you on the road, i'd have given you a thumbs up because i know only an O-collector would be that crazy to strap it down like that.

That is really awesome. I drove 200 miles round trip just to get my beat up counter top model. It's defiantly worth it for 150 bucks.

OK...HERE is the actual complete story about this case..it REALLY only cost me $20!.....I was searching SearchTempest for quite awhile and was looking under "Oakley Display Case"....the usual showed up...Super deals in the South...blah,blah,blah...so I decide to search "Oakley Cabinet" and this one was listed for $150 on Green Bay CL.....So I called and it was still available....that was in early November. So Thanksgiving Day I leave at 4 a.m. in the Maxima.....bad idea....I was CERTAIN it would fit inside...no problem....well I get there and we carry it outside and NOPE! NO FIT! In the drawer was 12 stands and 4 card bases......There were 10 Doubles and 2 singles.....So I buy them for $20 and head home.....very disappointed! I get home and list all but 2 of the stands on eBay....the whole lot sells for $130! There is my money for the case! I knew I could always find stands but a case at this price was unheard of.....So the past 2 months were spent trying to find a truck to use and of course the usual.."nah, sorry...too far"...U-Haul was WAAAAY expensive...like $350 to rent a pickup.....So I ended up doing what I did today...I was afraid he'd get tired of holding it and re-listing it....Actually turned out just fine...I was a little nervous about the lawman....but I passed about 5 cops and nothing.....Turns out the case came from a Champs Store in Green Bay and the manager was this guys buddy.....

Back