• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Finally on my Radar

spin_nin

I should Work at Oakley
Chicago, IL.
I went to the O store at the Woodfield mall today with the intention of purchasing some Positive Red Iridium lenses for my Flak 2.0 XL. To be perfectly honest, I was contemplating the purchase of an OCP Flak 2.0 XL to go with the new lenses.

I had plenty of time today so I decided to try on some different pairs I'd never really looked into before. First up was a Radar EV which was followed by a Jawbreaker. The Jawbreaker didn't fit at all. However, the Radar looked pretty good.

That's when Jeremy strolled up and asked if he could help me with anything to which I replied by asking what the difference is between all the different Radars (Radar, Radarlock, Radar EV, Path, Pitch, Edge, etc.)

Turns out that Jeremy is the district manager and he did his best to explain the differences. He also had me try them all on and I got an education about the difference between the different versions. We also determined that the Pitch is the best looking lens on me and I liked the ease of swapping out the lenses on the Radarlock frame.

Before I go too wrapped up in the Radar design, I remembered why I came in and I asked about the Positive Red Iridium lenses for the Flak 2.0 XL. Unfortunately, I was informed that they didn't have them in stock yet (they're too new).

With the help and patience of the staff at the store, I put together my very first pair of OCP Radarlock Pitch.

The frames are Carbon Fiber, and the initial Pitch lens is Vented Jade Iridium. Jeremy had to go and look for that one. The additional Pitch lens is Ice Iridium. The accessories that I liked, and that I think go well with both lens colors, are Team Purple Icons, Polished Black bands, and Purple Earsocks to cap it all off.

I'm pretty happy with them

Jeremy helped me out big time and I really appreciate him taking the time to go over all of my options with me. I've always been impressed with the level of service that I've receive at the O stores and the O Vault stores. Good people with which to do business.

Jade Ird (vented)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1436310210.571047.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1436310233.067996.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1436310289.591905.jpg

Ice Ird:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1436309987.248252.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1436310267.683154.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1436310318.172885.jpg

Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice!!

Congrats and also congrats on a great experience in the store. :)

Back