• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Finally Ordered My SI Flaks With The Prism Array

There are several stores like this qmuniforms, galls, patriot outfitters oakley sells to them and is completely aware of us civilians buying si Thats why they r starting to put them on their own site finally. They are not " scalpers " as someone sAid. I got most of my si stuff at vaults and o stores.

This was my second coin from SI. The first was just a coin this second one came with the acrylic case. Nice little touch.

Oh sorry. Let me clarify. No coin with the SI flaks. This one was an add onto my order. This a separate IH coin SI is selling. Looks identical to IH coin that comes with juliets just without the purple enamel. I was just commenting that the first coin I ordered about 6 months ago didn't come with the acrylic case and this new one I got today had the nice coin holder. The other part of my statement was really about the SI flaks with prism lenses shipped a day earlier and the coin go it here today.

Here is a guy from "tacticaldistributers" talking with an Oakley rep. What gets me is TD's website is selling SI stuff at full retail even though not all SI stuff is available from Oakley. They provide military with a 10% discount on the stuff. If your Military just to to the SI site and buy the stuff even cheaper. I guess SI stuff being exclusive to the SI site has fallen. I know over the years SI stuff has been sold through other websites and such, but seriously why buy from TD when you can go direct if your military, LE, FD and such. I guess TD has something going with SI. He even says he has sold a bunch of the multicam....I assume now if anyone wants the stuff then you will pay full retail and get it.....

TD and others selling SI stuff that the main Oakley site doesn't have is no different than selling Sunglass Hut exclusive colors ways, or Tour De France colors (retina burn radars and atomic orange to name a few) at select bicycle retailers only. It's a niche product for a select crowd that their general consumer market can give two $hits about.

Oakley realized the demand the shooting community has for the SI based colorways and ballistic versions and simply responded while somewhat keeping it "exclusive." By using companies like TD and other high profile places they feed this niche market without cluttering their main store shelves and website with the offerings.

TD and others have been working directly with Oakley for quite awhile despite popular belief here that they were former LEO and other people getting stuff back channels and reselling. While I am sure there are mom and pop places who have done this, a company like TD and others that size would not go unnoticed by Oakley's legal team. The only thing the SI site ever was is discount avenue for LEO/EMS/MIlitary etc. to make acquiring their uniform compliance gear easier at the pro-deal pricing.

Oakley referred me to the places selling si when i wanted a matte sj years ago so i think the above post is entirely accurate.

Ok here are pictures of my new SI prism tr22's
a6a3ynu5.jpg

Latest Posts

Back