1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. RichardOverby

RichardOverby Oakley Beginner

Finally pulled the trigger on a new pair - ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430969066.980051.jpg
    ATTACH=full]149745[/ATTACH] Finally pulled the trigger on a new pair - ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430969060.779840.jpg Finally pulled the trigger on a new pair - ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430969075.031247.jpg Finally pulled the trigger on a new pair - ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430969081.898813.jpg Finally pulled the trigger on a new pair - ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430969094.800923.jpg Finally pulled the trigger on a new pair - ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430969101.800912.jpg
    Finally pulled the trigger on a new pair - ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430969053.079904.jpg

As several of yal know I lost my first pair of Juliet's (xmetal first gen original fire lenses) due to a tragic Disney World ride incident. I am pleased to announce that after much consideration (really boiled down to a cash prize I got from work) I got a great deal on a pair of first run Juliet's. The will soon need a tune and are missing an piece between the lense screw (I always forget the correct term for it) but overall in good shape. They seller was great and even threw in a pair of half wires (by the way I don't think they suit me well so if anyone is wanting to do a trade of some sort I'm up for suggestions or offers.

I'm sure most of yal get this feeling every time you hold a new pair but to be rekindled with that feeling of xmetal weight just felt amazing when I first took it out of the box. Unfortunately this only fueled my desire to get another pair ASAP so I'm sure you will see another purchase soon. Let me know what yal think. And @ x-man I will be contacting you soon about bridge work just need to decide between buying another pair or getting this one to perfect.

[ Finally pulled the trigger on a new pair - ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430969117.969922.jpg Finally pulled the trigger on a new pair - ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430969125.403358.jpg Finally pulled the trigger on a new pair - ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430969134.723134.jpg
    Finally pulled the trigger on a new pair - ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430969301.926129.jpg Finally pulled the trigger on a new pair - ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430969311.360986.jpg
    Finally pulled the trigger on a new pair - ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430969111.585243.jpg

Last edited: 5/7/15
    mtgrizoak likes this.
    Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. supersharp

supersharp X-Metal Connoisseur Premium Member

Congrats, looking great. The missing piece is just a small plastic gasket. I'm sure getting one should be no problem. Getting a new X Metal is always a great feeling, and I'm learning you can never have enough.

RichardOverby likes this.
  3. Carrera1963

Carrera1963 Lover of Juliet Premium Member

I do remember that tale of loss at Disney World! Congratulations on finding another. You can get orbital gaskets from @Linegear Official to replace the missing one.

Linegear Japan and RichardOverby like this.
  4. RichardOverby

Thanks I will say that I haven't given up on them lol I plan to call Disney again soon just for final closure lol thanks for the tip on where to get the orbital gaskets and the refresher on what they are called.

Carrera1963 likes this.
  5. supersharp

For those of us who don't know the story, can you tell us what happened at Disney, or at least point me to the thread? Don't want to open old scars if it's too painful to relive.

6. RichardOverby

7. RichardOverby

this is the thread it was a hard day for me lol it ruined that day for me for sure

8. supersharp

Yeah just went through the whole thing. Sorry for your loss. That would ruin anyone's trip. I was at Disney last year in July. When I go to the theme parks or anywhere I'm going to be outdoors and sweating for any length of time, I'll usually take my Flaks, or Splits. An O-Matter frame in any case, just for the light weight all day wear-ability and comfort factors. Don't get me wrong, there is nothing better than an X-Metal, but the O-Matter frames do have their uses. Congrats again on getting another Metal.

9. RichardOverby

I've learned a huge lesson. The worse part was that day I originally planned to wear my straight jackets but noooo I wanted to be fancy haha

supersharp likes this.
  10. supersharp

It's funny you say that, because my brother in law says that all the time. "you want to be fancy" I can actually hear him saying it as I read your post. Lol.