• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Finally........

kodiak71

Oakley Beginner
After years of seeking out the exact pair of Oakleys I first bought when I was about 15 all the looking/searching/begging paid off!

No, they are not in my hands yet, but they are on the way.

Razor Blades, Orange bridge, grey trigger arms.

I guess these were/are relatively rare in that color and as I said I have been searching for years but every pair that I have come upon has had some defect, the usual cracks in the usual places etc.

But from what I can tell I think (crossing fingers/toes/arms/legs) I believe I'm getting the real deal and they are supposedly unused.

I'm a skeptic by nature but I really have a good feeling about these, they're in the mail and should be here by Friday.

I can't wait, I'll feel like 15 again, at least for a few minutes!

I had a similar journey a few years ago. I was after my very first pair of Oakley shades I ever owned, a pair of FMJ Electric Blue XX Twenty. They got ruined after having owned them for almost a decade and I just knew I needed to find another pair. After years of searching I finally found a pair and just had to have them. It's a great feeling. Congrats on finding yours!

I received them today (one day early) but since I'm so f'n picky I have one, only one issue. The right grey trigger arm has a "hairline" crack on the top where it mounts. I mean you can barely even notice, however it makes me nervous to even dismount the lense because I have tried so hard so long to get these. And no doubt about it, they are the real deal!

So if anyone knows of someone who has any grey Razor Blade Triggers it would be much appreciated. I did an fleabay search with no luck. Plus there was another 2 guys I was in contact with who said they were willing to sell parts of their collections who have become invisible. Happens all the time I guess. They could just be busy but it would be nice (as I've said 20 times before) to just get an "I'm busy, I'll get back to you later" email.....

Other than that one minor complaint they are really in great shape for 80's specs.

Pics to follow once I find a 10 year old to teach me how to do it.

Back