• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Fire Iridium Polarized Lens Problem

I wear an FIP RadarLock everyday and have never had this before. My favorite lens due to performance in both bright sun and overcast/partially enclosed areas.

I probably should have explained that better. I spend the majority of my days outside, but sometimes have to step into partially constructed buildings that usually don't have a roof yet for inspections. Since my RadarLock's are also my safety glasses, it's easier to have a lens that's not completely worthless in low/medium light.

I just picked up a pair of Flak 2.0 with Fire Iridium lenses and they are doing the same thing. The tailights on the highway double up sometimes. The LED ones more so than the incandescent. Some say it's normal, others say no? Should I send them back?

I just picked up a pair of Flak 2.0 with Fire Iridium lenses and they are doing the same thing. The tailights on the highway double up sometimes. The LED ones more so than the incandescent. Some say it's normal, others say no? Should I send them back?
I also have the same double tail lights vision issue on the road w/ FIP lens even sunny or rainy day & indoor desk lamp double issue.
Expert kronin323 & OakleyFrankFMJ & Ventruck & jdd32 already explain the effect under this link.
Did anyone see this when wear Oakley Radarlock w/ light souce spot? | Oakley Forum

I don't think double vision is normal when wear oakley glasses.

I just don't understand why someone can't see the double vision issue in their oakley glasses.
I suspect new oakley lens may have defect when manufacture in factory.

Last edited:
My H I Yellow lenses produce a similar ghosting effect with headlights. They pick out detail in low light very nicely so I put up with this & as the ghost lights look blue, the more I wear them, the more my brain ignores the effect.

I never noticed that with any of my FIP lenses.

I didn't realize that I was in the minority when it comes to my love of Fire Iridium. I actually have the reverse opinion. I'm not crazy about how they look from the outside--a bit flashy for me, but I'm used to it now--but I love the way the world looks through this tint, and it's my go-to lens for the beach. I wore BIP one day, and my brain is so conditioned to see the "beach world" through the contrast of the fire lenses, that things just didn't look right to me.

Back