• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Fire Iridium Polarized Lense....(Which Condition?)

pingmonster

Oakley Beginner
Hi...just wondering about "Fire Iridium Polarized Lense"...
Would this be good for Hiking and as well as driving....?

Hi...just wondering about "Fire Iridium Polarized Lense"...
Would this be good for Hiking and as well as driving....?
It's not bad. It's really not my favorite for those activities because it has the ghosting effect (it will produce a double image) I really dig the vr28 black iridium polarized for driving. Haven't used it on the mountain yet, but I can't imagine it being bad by any means. I use transition lenses when I hike mostly.

It's not bad. It's really not my favorite for those activities because it has the ghosting effect (it will produce a double image) I really dig the vr28 black iridium polarized for driving. Haven't used it on the mountain yet, but I can't imagine it being bad by any means. I use transition lenses when I hike mostly.
+1 for vr28 BIP

Thanks Fellows...
I'm all for VR28 but there is no replacement lenses for my Radarlock XL. I'm pretty much locked down to 8 lenses only.
Out of that 8 lenses only 2 of them are polarized. (OO Red Iridium Pol and Fire Iridium Pol)
I really want Polarized lenses.. I must have some weird eye condition that Pol lenses make things clear and does not give me headache.
Yes...actual headache when I am wearing normal sunny. First I thought it was plastic lense element that made me headache but it did the same thing when I tried R-Ban with glasses.
No...it's not the noise peace or the legs pressure.
I heard some doctors suggesting Polarized sunglasses, and wow....it made my head so fresh and clear..?? (there is no word to explain that feeling)

hard to clean was mentioned

while driving i stick to black tints only... everything else seems to bother me "color tints"

I have both the Fire, and Positive red in polarized lenses. The Fire to me makes everything bright, and the colors really muddy, causing earth tones to blend together. The positive red is more like a cloudy day, and much closer to "true color", to the point you can easily forget you are wearing them. The fire does have a slight advantage at dawn and dust when you could be staring straight into the sun. The polarized black iridium is my favorite, but that's not an option for you.

One thing to note about the positive red. In some photos they appear to be mirrored like the Fire. However they are not and people can see your eyes through them.

Also, I can wear my OO reds all day with no problem. The fires start to give me a headache after about 45 minutes to an hour. This is only with the polarized fires. My standard fires I can wear all day

Here's a link to Oakleys sunglass tints.
http://www.oakley.com/innovation/optical-superiority/lens-tints

Last edited:
I have both the Fire, and Positive red in polarized lenses. The Fire to me makes everything bright, and the colors really muddy, causing earth tones to blend together. The positive red is more like a cloudy day, and much closer to "true color", to the point you can easily forget you are wearing them. The fire does have a slight advantage at dawn and dust when you could be staring straight into the sun. The polarized black iridium is my favorite, but that's not an option for you.

One thing to note about the positive red. In some photos they appear to be mirrored like the Fire. However they are not and people can see your eyes through them.

Also, I can wear my OO reds all day with no problem. The fires start to give me a headache after about 45 minutes to an hour. This is only with the polarized fires. My standard fires I can wear all day

Here's a link to Oakleys sunglass tints.
Oakley

"Thermonuclear Protection"..........come on now lol

I wore regular fire lenses for a while as my do everything lens- I still like them quite a bit. I think they are great for daily wear and driving, but now I prefer something else when hiking, especially if in the woods where this a lot of shadows. I usually fall back on my all time favorite blue iridium for hiking in the woods, but am getting ready to try some other options like the VR28.

Back