• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Fire Iridium Polarized-Opinions

ucdavis4PT0gpa

I should Work at Oakley
Oceanside, Oregon
Undeniable the looks factor this lens has...but what do you guys think about its performance...specifically how it makes things look? I've worn it a lot off and on over the years but the more time I spend with VR28 Black Iridium Polarized and OO Black Iridium Polarized, the worse the world seems to look through the Fire Polarized. I want to like the lens because of how it looks, but I can wear pretty much any other Oakley lens all day, but Fire polarized starts to bug my eyes...and I swear it makes the semi smoggy, dry Sacramento Valley air look worse. I'm almost tempted to yank these out of my polished Juliets and install Emerald (hesitant to sell Fire Pol though because I think they headed for discontinuance and already have as a replacement lens for Juliet). Anyone else's experiences would be appreciated

Same thing Headaches..I can't wear polarized either at all but regular Fire gives me headache too..VR28 Black Polar is great for those who use polar lenses..Black Ir of any kind always a real sun stopper too....Ice as well

I like the regular Fire Iridium more, the regular versions are easier to get too. Definitely do not sell the polarized Fire Iridium lenses are on the way out for sure.

I have the Fire Iridium Polarized in my Polished Juliets too. I can wear them all day and it doesn't bother me. Smoggy San Gabriel Valley for me :)

I have the Fire Iridium Polarized in my Polished Juliets too. I can wear them all day and it doesn't bother me. Smoggy San Gabriel Valley for me :)
I have both the polished juliets and x-squared with fire iridium polarized and they never hurt my eyes. Just the earsteams hurt my head after being on for 4 hours.

Fire iridium is great for Florida sun but I stopped wearing it because it's just too common. Everytime I'm in one of the tourist attractions I see them way too much. I would def. switch them out of the juliets but don't get rid of the lens.

Black sunglasses are very common here, I occasionally see someone with fire lensed sunglasses but they are almost never Oakleys. I did see a cop wearing half jackets with fire lenses like a month ago.

Back