• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Fire Iridium?

+red looks like either purple or pink to a viewer. Fire looks orange. I like the cool blue view through +red so I pick that. Fire is a lens I avoid.

to choose which is 'better' is personal preference. I really like the + Red and not a big fan of the Fire. I did not like the contrast on the Fire Lenses, I would say it is mostly due to the Amber base..

I have +red in my Split Jackets and they are great for overcast days (for me), but I usually wear Black Iridium or OO Black Iridium on the Extreme Sunny days.

Next for me is to get a set of OO +Red lenses

to choose which is 'better' is personal preference. I really like the + Red and not a big fan of the Fire. I did not like the contrast on the Fire Lenses, I would say it is mostly due to the Amber base..

I have +red in my Split Jackets and they are great for overcast days (for me), but I usually wear Black Iridium or OO Black Iridium on the Extreme Sunny days.

Next for me is to get a set of OO +Red lenses

Hey Jeff, what is the difference between the OO and standard Black Iridium lenses? Is one darker than the other?

MaukaRunner said:
Hey Jeff, what is the difference between the OO and standard Black Iridium lenses? Is one darker than the other?

OO is a g30/g40 base as opposed to a grey base on regular BI. OO is higher contrast. My favorite lens to date

Yes OO uses the G40 base instead of Grey. I tend to think the OO is between the Black Iridium and the VR28 Black Iridium. it has a slight tint of rose/red to it, which I find very nice and helps with detail..

Right now the OO Black Iridium Polarized is my Favorite.. Wonder what a OO Ice Iridium would look like if they made it

Back