• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

For Sale Fire Polarized Original Straight Jacket Lenses

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
U

Username Hidden

******SOLD********Very simple and the title says it all. Lenses are a take out pair from years ago. Calling them an 8.5/10. Asking $50 or best offer. Thanks in advance and happy sunglassing (yeah, Im coining a new phrase, if my geezer in laws can go "antiquing", then why can't we make a verb out of our hobby too?)

Well, not really. After further review and great assistance from Oakley masters, I can say that these are SECOND generation straight jacket lenses. Grand goal here is to get rid of them before I ruin them. Im never going to use them. Pipe up with any offers or suggestions. PM with trades etc.
cH6Yyb.jpg

vBqlf8.jpg
dP9DnE.jpg
CBQeAP.jpg

Last edited:
Some people reacted to this post.
They made 3 versions of the Straight Jacket. The original never offered a FIP so that one is out. Which one of the other 2 does it fit?

You know I had the same conversation with the dude at the walk up counter at Oakley HQ last month. He said there wasn't 3 gens of the SJ. I think the originals were very round like an eye jacket almost. The second gen, which I think these are started a more oval look. I know these aren't from the current model as I have those and these don't fit.

I know about to commit a mortal sin and just round file these because I can't figure out what they are. Real goal in all this is to give somebody an opportunity to keep an old pair alive with some clean lenses. I know I have an out of production pair with trashed lenses that I can't get replacements for and it kind of sucks.

Hey Shldonator,
Here's the link to the 1st gen Straight Jacket, but like GRF said they didn't have Fire iridium Polarized.
http://www.o-review.com/database_detail_model.php?ID=193&table_name=glasses
Here's the link to the New Straight Jackets or 2nd Gen. More than likely what you have.
http://www.o-review.com/database_detail_model.php?ID=192&table_name=glasses
And here's the link to the New Straight Jacket IIs or 3rd gen. List only for reference as you've already ruled them out.
http://www.o-review.com/database_detail_model.php?ID=2713&table_name=glasses

Pics speak 1000 words.

Thanks, I need to spend some time getting familiar with that site as it pretty much confirmed what I suspected. After further review, I'm convinced these are second gen and the box says fire polarized. I'll see if I can't confirm any numbers tonight. Shame in me for relying on the guy at Oakley. Something about teaching yourself to fish comes to mind. Excellent help set me on the right path.

After well pointed correction, how about I close this thread and start over with the correct information.

Username Hidden said:
After well pointed correction, how about I close this thread and start over with the correct information.
Nah, just edit the first post with pics and you're all good.
Also, calling @keptman, I believe you are always looking for these.

After making it as difficult as possible on everyone, we can thankfully mark these as sold.

Back