• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

First 3D Movie With Oakleys

stoudty1

Oakley Expert
PA
Finally going to the movies tonight to watch a 3D film with the Transformer Oakleys. Not a huge movie guy, but love some of the 3D frames they have out.

The only negative about this is the movie.....Beauty and the Beast :sad: Not my first choice but the wife wants to go and I figured it's a good excuse to bust out the 3D glasses.

They work well, I have a passive 3d tv n I've watched a couple of films with my mates gascans, I find it odd that they claim to eliminate crosstalk when you don't really get crosstalk with passive glasses anyway..never used them at a cinema, reckon there will be more people looking at you than at the screen..haha..

Very nice except for the movie lol :biggrin: I have found that the Oakley 3D lenses do make a diffrence. To me they make everything look a little crisper and sharper. And like stoudty1 I too have two pairs and have one with ice lenses and another in the box. It's never been out. But I changed the arms instead of taking the 3d lenses out so I have a matte black 3D Gascan

I used mine in Lion King 3D with my gf. She was pissy because I didn't have another set for her (hence why I have two now) haha. The only complaint I had was that the polished frame got some really bad reflection at times. The TF3 Gascan fixes that problem, so it isn't that big of a deal. I may just be picky, but that's the only real issue I had with them. Also, while the Gascan is my favorite frame, it's rather uncomfortable to wear in long periods...maybe it's just me again. But they weren't unbearable. Better than the plastic cheapo ones they give you before you enter. I haven't watched any other movies in 3D yet, nor do I have a passive 3D tv. With all the older movies coming out in 3D...that may change.

I used mine in Lion King 3D with my gf. She was pissy because I didn't have another set for her (hence why I have two now) haha. The only complaint I had was that the polished frame got some really bad reflection at times. The TF3 Gascan fixes that problem, so it isn't that big of a deal. I may just be picky, but that's the only real issue I had with them. Also, while the Gascan is my favorite frame, it's rather uncomfortable to wear in long periods...maybe it's just me again. But they weren't unbearable. Better than the plastic cheapo ones they give you before you enter. I haven't watched any other movies in 3D yet, nor do I have a passive 3D tv. With all the older movies coming out in 3D...that may change.

I can't confirm about the polished black reflection as mine are matte but I do agree With them being uncomfortable for long periods of time. To me they bother the back of my ears after about hour and a half but goes away after a while

Latest Posts

Back