• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

First CL Find

C.Wied

Oakley Expert
I saw a very local (20 minute drive round trip) listing for a pair of Plasma/Emerald Juliets for $260. After some chatting I got down to $220. Judging from the pictures they looked pretty nice.

124C6359-EA93-4646-9A7C-75D25C554200_zpsrpchypl1.jpg

So we met this afternoon and I was surprised when he revealed quite an abused pair of Juliets! Now, I use mine for everything from fly fishing to range glasses, but these things were in bad shape. Luckily the frame looks okay, but the lenses are faded, bubbled and peeling and I have NEVER seen such a worn out nosebridge EVER. I looked and I don't see any rubber at all on the right eye's orbital. Talk about slop! X-MAN these need some love!

I was disappointed at first but luckily I talked him down to $180 because of these things so I picked him up. No box, but he did have the coin.

So, was $180 a good deal for me? I had a pair of new LG lenses already so all I'm thinking is $80 for a blast and nosebridge tightening so that'll put me at $260.

16B4D155-3E25-45E6-9131-C2FF805F9DE0_zpsofu8yabh.jpg

4CF3FE42-B3E2-4372-B4B2-887E64777E56_zpsojijdl8y.jpg

CB4F2486-51CC-477F-8426-5C3E7D58F201_zpsm8vspdvp.jpg

61542F0A-7479-4F4C-93C9-ACCC45408405_zpshzeo4zjm.jpg

1BAF096D-0BA0-470A-B9FD-D695523C9070_zpsbevfbswi.jpg

6AB37E05-94FF-4263-9DA3-022F4DD7FC1E_zpsw3q0eufm.jpg

Last edited:
I'd pick those up for that :) Nice find man! X-man can make them good as new! Love that plasma emerald combo, it's one of my favorites!

I'd pick those up for that :) Nice find man! X-man can make them good as new! Love that plasma emerald combo, it's one of my favorites!

Hey thanks man! The best part is after the deal was over he was real interested in x-metal history so I got to share some info! I wanted to show him the Mars that just came in but they were in the car and it was raining its arse off. Told him about Oakley Forum so maybe he'll stop by!

They will be refinished, but I'm stuck between plasma and x-metal. I have a TiO2 Juliet on the way home from X-MAN that I'll put clear LG lenses in to be some nice quality safety glasses. I'm so tired of those cheap, plastic ones and those lenses give me headaches. Can't wait to see how they turned out!

Hey thanks man! The best part is after the deal was over he was real interested in x-metal history so I got to share some info! I wanted to show him the Mars that just came in but they were in the car and it was raining its arse off. Told him about Oakley Forum so maybe he'll stop by!

They will be refinished, but I'm stuck between plasma and x-metal. I have a TiO2 Juliet on the way home from X-MAN that I'll put clear LG lenses in to be some nice quality safety glasses. I'm so tired of those cheap, plastic ones and those lenses give me headaches. Can't wait to see how they turned out!
I put the clear ruby LG lenses in a plasma Julie for work when I started getting back into x-metals about a yr ago. They are my safety glasses at work as well, ALWAYS get compliments on how they are the sweetest eye pro anybody has ever seen, lol. Plasma vs xmetal? Only solution is get another and have one of each! Haha! I love Xman's plasma finish man, if you want to stick with emerald I'd go that route. But I think you did well with your buy, you could always flip them on eBay for at least that net profit. Coin is a nice bonus as well!

Sounds like you did some good negotiation. Not a bad find. I would have bought for that price too.

Are you from around Memphis? This pair as been on my local cl for 2 months,I've msgd him 5 times with no reply lol..good pick up
Screenshot_2015-08-05-22-12-14.png

Plasma; Emeralds; Kissy Lips?!?!

i would have been throwing all sorts of cash at the seller! :crazy:

Back