• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

First Experience With Oakley Service In EU...

Fakir

The Golden Era is behind us...
A Mountain
Hi Folks.
Wanted to give you some feedback on my first experience with Oakley service here in EU.
I had recently sent in 3 of my X metals frames for the following reasons.
  1. Newly acquired X metal/Ruby combo Juliet’s
I did find that the nose was less tighter on the left side as compared to the right
Wanted the two temples to be aligned straight touching the surface when extended
2. and 3. XX and X squared
Wanted the two temples to be aligned straight touching the surface when extended

Prior to sending them out, Oakley service confirmed that they would be able to fix the alignment issue free of charge.
A week after sending all 3 out, they call to notify that I do not need the re pin service for the Juliets and the alignment issue was not rectifiable on all 3 as X metals are difficult to deal with.
They did promise to send me replacement rubbers for all three in case I wanted to swap them out later (all 3 of my X metals are mint).
Upon receipt today and to my surprise, I find that temples in all 3 align almost perfectly as desired.
Yes the re-pin service was not carried out on the Juliet. I guess that was can be rated as something subjective with them deciding against it.

Back