• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

First Frogskins - Polished Black/Grey

OakleyBoss

Staff member
Premium Member
Administrator
USA
So, I have been eyeing frogskins for a while, and been lurking around the frogskins section on here acquiring knowledge. When I first got into Oakley's, I never thought I could rock the frogskins, but I saw them in a SGH a few weeks ago, and loved them and realized I looked good in them. Since them, I have been learning more and more about them. Wish I had gotten into them earlier, as I look at all the releases that have come out in the last 1-2 years. EBIII,SE Bikes, Sunday Bikes etc. But never too late.

To get back on topic, I wanted to start small, with a basic everyday pair, so I jumped on a pair of Polished Black/Grey Frogs on ebay this morning.I am going to try to get a pair of Black Iridiums Lenses, or might have to settle for aftermarket lenses, because I want a darker lenses in them for everyday use. But I am happy to join the Frog family, and I can already see how addicting they are, I will post pics when they arrive!

P.S I almost jumped on a pair of SE Bikes this morning on ebay for just under $200, but had to resist despite the good price, wasn't sure if someone on here grabbed it.

Congrats boss. Frogs are my favorite frames. I can't wait for some newer releases to come out

Yeh me too! I like a few of the backlights, but I can't wait for awesome pairs to release, like something equivalent to Shaun White FMJ's!

Glad you enjoy frogskins! Not many people take the plunge these days...seems like everyone is a magnet to metals haha.

Nah, tbh I'm not really into the metals...but hey thats what I said about frogs the same time last year :biggrin:

Frogskins is where it's at. I don't get metals at all, I've never seen anyone look good in a pair.

$200 for SE Bikes, if they were BNIB, is a good deal, should've got those while you could Oakley Boss. As far as I'm aware there's nothing as cool as the SW FMJ Blue Chromes coming out soon. Deuce Coupe look rubbish, Jolly Roger & Old Glory are collectible but, for me at least, not wearable (I haven't seen pics of the Old Glory yet though), Acid Tortoise look OK with some nice lens options (Emerald lenses which are rare for Frogskins), and then there's the 'Fire' & 'Ice' coming too. Hopefully some collab will drop and we'll get something spectacular, but only time will tell.

Frogskins is where it's at. I don't get metals at all, I've never seen anyone look good in a pair.

$200 for SE Bikes, if they were BNIB, is a good deal, should've got those while you could Oakley Boss. As far as I'm aware there's nothing as cool as the SW FMJ Blue Chromes coming out soon. Deuce Coupe look rubbish, Jolly Roger & Old Glory are collectible but, for me at least, not wearable (I haven't seen pics of the Old Glory yet though), Acid Tortoise look OK with some nice lens options (Emerald lenses which are rare for Frogskins), and then there's the 'Fire' & 'Ice' coming too. Hopefully some collab will drop and we'll get something spectacular, but only time will tell.

Yup gotta love the frog, and you know I do. As for metals, to each his own. There are people out there who feel the exact same way with frogskins. I treat metals as art more than anything really, and just like frogs I wear them to stand out from the rest in this huge ocean full of ray bans and such.

Am I missing something...

SW FMJ Blue Chromes?

Those were released years ago...

Rumor, or re-release?