1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. OakleyBoss

OakleyBoss Moderator Staff Member Administrator

So, I have been eyeing frogskins for a while, and been lurking around the frogskins section on here acquiring knowledge. When I first got into Oakley's, I never thought I could rock the frogskins, but I saw them in a SGH a few weeks ago, and loved them and realized I looked good in them. Since them, I have been learning more and more about them. Wish I had gotten into them earlier, as I look at all the releases that have come out in the last 1-2 years. EBIII,SE Bikes, Sunday Bikes etc. But never too late.

To get back on topic, I wanted to start small, with a basic everyday pair, so I jumped on a pair of Polished Black/Grey Frogs on ebay this morning.I am going to try to get a pair of Black Iridiums Lenses, or might have to settle for aftermarket lenses, because I want a darker lenses in them for everyday use. But I am happy to join the Frog family, and I can already see how addicting they are, I will post pics when they arrive!

P.S I almost jumped on a pair of SE Bikes this morning on ebay for just under $200, but had to resist despite the good price, wasn't sure if someone on here grabbed it.

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Menendez1293

Menendez1293 Oakley Enthusiast

Congrats boss. Frogs are my favorite frames. I can't wait for some newer releases to come out

3. Peeza21

Peeza21 African in the United Kingdom

Congrats! Frogs are super light and comfy, definitely a good daily wear pair!!

4. OakleyBoss

Yeh me too! I like a few of the backlights, but I can't wait for awesome pairs to release, like something equivalent to Shaun White FMJ's!

5. Menendez1293

Menendez1293 Oakley Enthusiast

I actually can't wait for the union jack/old glory. I hope my hook up can get these nothing is always for sure.

6. jiveSEVEN

jiveSEVEN I Should Work at Oakley...

Glad you enjoy frogskins! Not many people take the plunge these days...seems like everyone is a magnet to metals haha.

7. OakleyBoss

Nah, tbh I'm not really into the metals...but hey thats what I said about frogs the same time last year :biggrin:

8. jk-27

jk-27 Moderator Premium Member

Frogskins is where it's at. I don't get metals at all, I've never seen anyone look good in a pair.

$200 for SE Bikes, if they were BNIB, is a good deal, should've got those while you could Oakley Boss. As far as I'm aware there's nothing as cool as the SW FMJ Blue Chromes coming out soon. Deuce Coupe look rubbish, Jolly Roger & Old Glory are collectible but, for me at least, not wearable (I haven't seen pics of the Old Glory yet though), Acid Tortoise look OK with some nice lens options (Emerald lenses which are rare for Frogskins), and then there's the 'Fire' & 'Ice' coming too. Hopefully some collab will drop and we'll get something spectacular, but only time will tell.

9. jiveSEVEN

jiveSEVEN I Should Work at Oakley...

Yup gotta love the frog, and you know I do. As for metals, to each his own. There are people out there who feel the exact same way with frogskins. I treat metals as art more than anything really, and just like frogs I wear them to stand out from the rest in this huge ocean full of ray bans and such.

10. Jubblin

Jubblin Oakley Beginner

Am I missing something...

SW FMJ Blue Chromes?

Those were released years ago...

Rumor, or re-release?