• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

first gen lens

View attachment 199262
these came in on a first gen plasma frame, they are ruby and are exquisite in color, but they are polarized so I know they aren't first gen ruby.im just trying to figure out what they are so I can score a set of these

My first gen fire looks more like Ruby than fire. Looks just like that. Killer on that bone plasma.

As Carrera and Carguy correctly said, they never released OEM ruby polar for Juliet, either as a colorway or as replacement lenses. So if they're OEM ruby polar then they're cuts.

But, as SiRacer hinted, earlier fire looked like that, and fire polar was available for Juliet both as a colorway (with polished frame) and as replacement lenses. So, could these maybe actually be fire? Two questions:

- What color do they appear from the wearer's perspective / base tint? If it looks blue, then they're ruby. If it looks greenish tan, they're fire.

- Does it have a "polarized" etching on the other lens? If blue and no etching, likely ruby custom cuts. If blue or grey with etching, likely "ruby" aftermarkets. If greenish tan with etching, most likely fire OEM replacements.

Here's my OEM Juliet older fire polarized (excuse the dust); IMO they look a lot like your pic...

20151120_152144.jpg

Back