• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

First Oakley Purchase - Large Scratch On Lens A Month Later

Tucker

Oakley Beginner
I purchased my first pair of Oakley Sunglasses about a month ago. They're the Oakley Ducati Fives Squared Black w/ Black Iridium Polarized Lenses with the Red O on the sides.

They were a brand new pair that I purchased on Ebay for $117. I couldn't have been happier with these sunglasses. Best sunglasses I've ever had, and I was always careful with them, keeping them in the micro fiber pouch whenever I wasn't wearing them.

Well, tonight I was at a picnic, and as I was getting up and taking off my sunglasses, I accidentally dropped them and they hit the cement sidewalk. Now there's a large noticeable scratch in the right lens.

Needless to say, I'm devastated. What options do I have? Can I get replacement lenses from Sunglass Hut or somewhere else? What is the best thing to do in this situation? I go on vacation in a week, and I was excited to wear these on my vacation at the beach.

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Is it on the right lens as you are wearing them, Or the right when you are looking at them ? Or i guess a easier way to ask is it the lens with ducati etched on it? Because you can get some polarized lenses and replace just the damaged one. Or you can just buy a set as mentioned above, But it would be nice to have the ducati lenses in them.
just my 2 1/2 cents.

As others have said, you've got a few options when it comes to lenses. If you just need something to get you through your vacation then you might be able to get lenses from Sunglass Hut, but from what I've seen they carry almost no replacement lenses even for newer frames. Best bet without having to wait for shipping would be a trip to your nearest O-Store or Vault. They should have just about all the colors available for your frame and you can get them installed and walk out the door with them. Now if you are looking for the Ducati etched lenses you will probably have to call Oakley Service/Warranty Dept. and ask if they can either ship you a new pair of Ducati lenses, or if you can ship your frame to them to get the lenses swapped.

Thanks everyone for your replies. The scratch is on the lens with the Ducati etched on it.

I decided to buy the "OAKLEY FIVES SQUARED BLACK IRIDIUM REPLACEMENT LENSES NEW 13-538 **AUTHENTIC**" from Ebay, estimated delivery the day before my vacation. The new lenses were $34.99.

I know these aren't polarized but I'll keep the scratched ones around just to see how much of a difference the 2 lenses are, and if I really dislike the new un-polarized lenses I can always put the scratched ones back in and rock them. :)

By the way, is it fairly easy to pop these lenses out and put new ones in?

If you plan to wear them to the beach, wait until after the trip to replace the lenses. The beach is a high damage risk area - it'd suck to replace them then scratch up the replacements...

Latest Posts

Back