• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

First Pair Of The Year!

well...for the non portion picture of this post...
i purchased my wife a pair of tortoise framed correspondents... with bronze polarized lenses...
i'm not a big fan of the women's frames...but i'm very pleased with how these look.
so i had to pick them up for her. i'll add some photos later!

now! for MY first official purchase of the year....lol.
i had been looking for an o-matter frame...something along the lines of a Monster Dog...
i really like the way the botton portion of the frame scoops upwards by the cheek area..
spectacular work there...
however i didn't really like the fit of the dogs on myself... so i've kind of been waiting
and trying things on here and there see what i decided to go with...

so...i get a call from one of my buddy's that works at my local o-store..
we had talked a couple weeks back and i had let him know what i was looking for...
i had sort of ended up deciding on a pair of TENS...
i really liked the way they fit, and really liked the frame itself.

so,anyways...he called, and let me know he had a matte black/ warm grey pair i might want...
i know this sounds ridiculous cause you can pick this pair up...probably for around $80 or so on fleabay or some other site.
but i took the drive anyways.
so...i show up,and he shows me these.
now i know this is probably junk to some of yall...
but i thought they were pretty interesting...
and i just had to pick them up... as i was already considering picking up a TEN in this color way.

77980895.jpg

91153122.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
i'm really thinking i'm gonna pick up the brown,and jet black pair as well...
as long as anything else that comes along...i'm really like the fit of these frames...they're really sweet.
i can't believe i had slept on these for so long.

i also forgot to add that he saw i had my fast jackets on my head and threw in an extra fast jacket microbag and 6 black micro bags!
you can never have too many! i'm pretty sure my buddies snag bags everytime they're over because i'm ALWAYS short on them...

I really like the way my Tens fit, they've got some of the best coverage for me of any pair, including M-Frame and Radar. But for some reason they sit a little high and they're always getting foggy or picking up oils from my eyebrows at the top of the lens. I keep a micro bag in my coat pocket, in the case for the glasses, in my glove box, at in my desk at work (and probably other places) so it's not a big deal to clean them.

I used to take trips to the Vault by me just to ask for a spare micro bag. They don't like giving them out any more, but I got a few spares so that I would always have one around (as mentioned above).

I'm a big fan of the Dog but, when I first saw yours, I thought they were Dogs, I may have to try on a pair on my next trip to the O store.
Same here...I'm also a sucker for Matte Black frames. Congrats on the the pickup and nice bonus with it being a sample frame :wink:

Nice pick up. I already have the White Chrome and the Black Ink's. The Matte are next on my list :cool:

Oh, and I've got a MINT set of Fire Lenses for them if you're interested? :biggrin:

Latest Posts

Back