• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

First Post! From Orlando Florida

ChopperJustin

Oakley Beginner
Orlando
Wow I've been in the dark for too long!!! I have been an avid Oakley collector since about 1998. Discovered recently about X Metal closing down circa 2012 and I'm having a harder and harder time finding lenses/earsocks/unobtanium etc... :( So let down that Oakley's not supporting their brands the way they used too. So in all my parts searches I've found this happy family and I'm happy/excited to join, albeit late to the party as it were.

Here is my exhaustive list:
1. Original T-Wire (Owire style) - sold to a friend in 2000
2. Burgundy O-Wires - run over by a Humvee in 2001
3. Square Wire 2.0 Fire Iridium w/spring hinge
4. Polished Fire Iridium Juliet's
5. Emerald Iridium Juliet's - given to a very good friend who still has them
6. Titanium Iridium Romeo II's - Lost in the ocean in Daytona Beach (I don't wanna talk about it)
7. Oakley Custom Team Dark Green Flak Jackets w/Gold Iridium - my daily wear
8. Polarized Why 8's
9. Oakley Custom Half X with Fire Iridium Lens - brand new! :)
10. Michael Jordan's - Lost somewhere - Vegas I think...

Welcome to the forum, man! You definitely found the right place - great community here! I used to do a lot of work down your way...

Thanks guys! I forgot to add my Titanium Iridium T-Wire 2.0's. Those got stolen out of a golf cart down in Kissimmee. Bummer Cuz they were by far one of my favs. Ralph what kind of work were you into down here? I'm in aviation.

Thanks Nortika! - still have about half of them! Losing the Romeo's was super painful though. Ruined my year I think... They were the ones that got away.

I go hard I'll admit & my Oakley's go with me. Sometimes they don't survive, lol! But that's the cost of doing business. I'm getting better at caring for them the older I get so it might be an age thing too haha.

Seeing how hard parts & replacements are to come by lately has been quite sobering. It's been a wake up call to realize I'm walkign around wearing "collector's items" on my face. To me they've always just been bad - @$$ sunglasses.

Thanks for the warm greetings guys! Looking forward to getting to know everyone!

Latest Posts

Back