• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

First release juliet?

I have heard the same. As much as I hated the new direction I finally snagged up the Madman. While they are in a league of their own they certainly should not be categorized as X Metal. Not hating as I own the Madman, but they are nowhere near R1, Juliet, or Mars. Bad ass in their own way, just not the X metal way. Optics are outstanding in the Madman, but they are not as universal as other staple Oakley frames. They are more of an attitude than a one size fits all. That being said I think that is why most of us were drawn to this company. They will read reviews and take into account that Oakley fans need something tough. I had my first Juliet for 9 years and that is a long time for me. I got them in Iraq, they survived my newborn, they survived shrapnel and I cerakoted them and dropped them outside, never to be seen again,,, Good camo. That is how I wound up with this Juliet. But nothing else will do.

Absolutely. The Madman does indeed scream Oakley and I like the design and it's nod back to the Moon / Mars models. Quality wise there really is no comparison with an actual X metal and should not have been associated with the line but at least there are still ideas and concepts being attempted. Your Juliets on the other hand will stand the test of time and it's great they've served you well in your life and career and will continue to do so.

Cut and past the link below in your address bar and you can see some of the serials that members have registered in the database at O-Review. You can register your own by going into database>Glasses>X-Metal>Juliet then hit add this to your collection.

O-Review

Interesting read. I have two first gen "J" serial number Juliets, think they are fantastic.

I am tempted to get a later generation model, if as you state they are a darker
colour.

The X metal models look dark in some pictures and light in others, guess the environment adds to this illusion too.

The later models are beautiful in X Metal. I will register my first run Julies and I have had a blast in this thread. These people and stories kick the S$%^ out of other social media sites. No doubt it is our common ground. Until next time.

Interesting read. I have two first gen "J" serial number Juliets, think they are fantastic.

I am tempted to get a later generation model, if as you state they are a darker
colour.

The X metal models look dark in some pictures and light in others, guess the environment adds to this illusion too.

The later gens did tend to be darker in general if that is your preference. You will also find a more refined, smoother finished frame in comparison to a first/early gen. I have taken a photo below in natural, non bright daylight to show the difference. This is a first gen next to a 4th gen (non serial) frame. Both are used pairs. Note the difference around the orbital joint area on the above frame in relation to the finish on the below 4th gen pair. Some later pairs are very dark indeed, but this is usually on average the difference you will see.

6393A656-2249-44A7-AA13-C95FB5C727E8_zpsheonsauk.jpg

Last edited:
That is a quality comparison, discostu.

I definitely have the early, slightly "rougher" finished frames!

Just need to get my hands on a 4th gen frame now.....

That is a quality comparison, discostu.

I definitely have the early, slightly "rougher" finished frames!

Just need to get my hands on a 4th gen frame now.....
Glad it helps you! Keep an eye out on the board as they do come for sale :)

Latest Posts

Back