• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

First Things First...

FearGearGarage

OG Oakley Collector
Premium Member
A Creek in AZ
I would like to THANK ALL OF YOU that helped even if it was just moving one box for me, I would not have been able to pull it off had it not been for you selfless people who took away from your time at the show to help me set up my displays. This meant much more to me than anything else I took from the event!!!

I made some new friends, saw some old friends and also put faces to many names I have dealt with for many years... I felt very supported by you all and can not thank you enough for all the compliments and acknowledgements as well, I have as most of you know never shown my entire collection to anyone to include the few hew have been in my personal office at my home and unfortunately this still rings true because we ran out of display space about 2/3 of the way through setting up... I am disappointed by this because I had promised to show everything in its entirety and by a simple miscalculation we were not able to pull it off, this really sucks for me as well because I myself have never seen my entire collection completely displayed and it was my intention to finally make it happen... So for that I do apologize... Many have asked what my total number of glasses inventoried and brought to the show was, that answer is 1373 pairs and yes there were more (approx. 100-125) left at home that are scheduled for modification in the near future with Dr. Chop that I saw no sense in bringing because they are all the same color ways in various styles...

I will soon be making my Final Collection Display thread, yes I said final because I am going to be stepping back into the shadows and no longer updating collection status... I need to just chill for a while and streamline my collection back to a more manageable and meaningful level...

I would like to ask that people who took pictures of my collection please forward them to me at FearGearGarage@gmail.com so that I can possibly use them in my final collection thread in case your pictures came out better than mine. Im sure most did, because my wife used her camera phone to take them…lol… This would be a huge help and again Greatly Appreciated…

Thank you all for the support, compliments and friendship… You guys and gals are great and I wish you many incredible future purchases, may your collections go where you would wish them to be!!!

FEAR Out!!!

Del, i didn't get a chance to stop by and say hello as you were furiously trying to get stuff setup and i just never found the chance to after you were "done" with everything else going on. I wish i did get the chance to come at least shake your hand :)

While i do not have pictures of your setup, i did take a "walk-through" video on my iPhone. It's not the best video, but if you want it, i can upload it and get it to you somehow. Let me know.

Fear, thanks for this massive undertaking. You're collection is mindboggling and the effort involved in showing it was massive too.
It was very nice to meet you in person, even through the hectic experience that it was for you, your warmth and generosity still showed through.
Peace!

Del it was my pleasure to help. I am so glad to have met you as well as eveyone else at the show it was a truly awesome experience.

I am in awe of your collection Del and was so delighted that you took the time to bring it and let everyone ask any question and take any picture your generosity is unmatched. Thanks again.

Fear, thanks for this massive undertaking. You're collection is mindboggling and the effort involved in showing it was massive too.
It was very nice to meet you in person, even through the hectic experience that it was for you, your warmth and generosity still showed through.
Peace!
Ditto.... the collection was like having the most well stocked O store or Vault in front of you, part collection, part amazing historic museum pieces. Jim the Man spent a lot of time with you and i'm sure he was amazed too at the dedication you showed. It is a collection i'm sure that will never be equaled, likely not even from Jim himself. Your collection to say the least was mindboggling and overwhelming both.
Tim

The fact that I couldnt see your collection was my biggest regret in not going to Red. You are an awesome collector Fear!

Hed and I had the pleasure to help set up the cars and put away some of the most amazing customs. I felt like I hit two birds in one shot because not only was I able to help by putting some stuff away, but I was also able to put my hands and feel each and every FMJ customs. Del, thank you again for show casing the unthinkable. I really felt that when I first saw the fortress of towers, it should have been given on a red carpet platformed on the center stage. It was truly an epic collection!

Back