• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

First Time Lens Chop 2.0.. Still Chopping Away!!!

Does the lens become very hot?

Dremel is on my wishlist (DREMEL 4000-4/65).

absolutely no scalpel...that is scary!! dremel all the way and wet sanding is also a scary idea...I know because I used to do that and scratched several pairs...sux when that happens lol

I'm trying to cut a pair of lenses for my Half Wire 1.0 and this is the mistake I made on the test lens. When sanding make sure it is perpendicular to the lens. I thought the lens had a gap but I had sanded down the front a little too much and it gave it the impression of a gap.

absolutely no scalpel...that is scary!! dremel all the way and wet sanding is also a scary idea...I know because I used to do that and scratched several pairs...sux when that happens lol

Your the resident pro chopper here. Give us some pointers. We don't want to steal your thunder but there are some guys that might want to give it a try. Who knows you may just get more work.

Ok here goes part 2.... I decided to do another chop, this was going to be a pair of violet iridium lenses for my IH Carbon X Squared Project...I had everything ready to, all masked up, tools within reach, traced out my X Squared lens, separted the halves, and started to work. After the first one was ready I noticed something was not right after a test fit. I used the wrong lens to make my template!!!! Arrrghhhhh. I planned this for a couple of days waiting for everything to arrive. I finally realized I used a Gascan S lenses. I was able to cut both lenses and ended up making this......An IH Gascan S.......Now I just need to do the icons...
urejudu8.jpg

Oh no!

But, and that's the good point in your bad story, I haven't seen a Minute/Twenty with violet lenses yet.
Are they still big enough for other projects?

I meant if you can chop a smaller lens out of them, maybe a Minute lens, so you don't have to trow them in the bin.

Latest Posts

Back