• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

First time X-Metal help

sisson16

Oakley Expert
Texarkana, TX
Whats up guys I'm looking to get a little help on choosing my first X-Metal. I have a Madman, but seems the new ones count to some and don't count to others. So when I say I'm going to be searching for my first X-Metal I mean the original true X-Metals that seem so big here on the forum.

I have a few models in mind based off what I've seen floating around here and there, that I like, but haven't actively started looking. Wanted to get some input from all he X-Metal lovers out there on what they love and why. If you know how much your suggestion goes for throw that in there also.

Start with a Juliet. Being the most plentiful, they're the easiest to find and most affordable; you can get one for around $300, give or take. And Juliets were produced the longest for a reason... many people love them.

If you don't like them, they're easy to resell. And, based on what you didn't like about them, you'll know where to go from there...

If you like the Madman then you have to get the Mars Crater. But if you're looking for any X-Metal my first choice would be a Romeo followed by the X-Squared and a very close third would be the Juliet. Among all these models mentioned...the Juliet would be the most accessible :)

@kronin323 i knew you would chime in and throw the Juliet on the table. I don't really know you but I've read your postings and stuff...appreciate the feedback man

@Dennis Panlilio the R1 and X Squared were actually the top 2 on my list I had going in my head. I love the Romeos nose piece...

I feel a fire starting to burn

@kronin323 i knew you would chime in and throw the Juliet on the table. I don't really know you but I've read your postings and stuff...appreciate the feedback man

@Dennis Panlilio the R1 and X Squared were actually the top 2 on my list I had going in my head. I love the Romeos nose piece...

I feel a fire starting to burn

The thing about R1 and XS is you can likely get two Juliets for the price of one of those, especially the R1. If you don't mind starting off with the biggest ticket items, then go for it...

[EDIT - those are also the two frames with the most coverage...]

R1 is awesome, but I agree with Kronin, Juliet is where its at. XM/Ruby is my fave. Mars is beyond awesome as well.

Damn they're that high huh? I was strictly going off what I have seen and liked. Price point will make a difference for me especially starting off in the Metals so I'll just have to start looking and see what I can find.

Do you have all 3 were talking about?

Do you plan to wear them? If you do that might determine exactly what pair you want/that fits you best. What frames do you commonly wear now?

I agree with @kronin323. start with the Juliet. If too small, then go for the XX. If too big, try the Penny.
If you tried Badman and like it, then try the X Squared.
If you like your Madman, you may like Mars also.
If you like half-frames, try Romeo 2 or Half X.
If you want to start with the most expensive one (outside of limited editions), go for the Romeo 1.

I personally like Juliet because "I think" it fits my face best than the others. And it was my first pair of X-Metals. I wear the others but 99% of the time I wear Juliet.

Back