1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Mickle

Mickle Oakley Beginner

I decided it was time to bite the bullet and purchase my first ever X Metal! So I dived right into the deep end of the pool and bought myself a pair of Polished/Black Iridium Penny's

Being completely new to X Metals I'm not exactly sure what I'm doing tho! I've never even seen a pair in the flesh let alone try a pair on! Only thing I have ever seen are pictures on the net. So, to be totally honest, I don't even know what a good deal is on these things! Not sure whats fair, what is over-priced or what a bargain is!?

Anywho, I thought "What the heck!, gotta start somewhere!" and I pulled the trigger and talked a guy on eBay down from his original asking price of $360 to $275! Item description stated that the frame was flawless and everything was tight. Said there were some minor marks on the lens, but I'm not too worried about that because I plan on getting different ones anyway. Comes with soft vault, microbag, coin but no box!

[Edit] Removed eBay seller's pics and added my own now that they have arrived

Let me know what you guys think!? Hopefully I did okay for a first timer!! :confused:

First X Metal Experience! - bac37203.jpg
    First X Metal Experience! - 69092817.jpg
    First X Metal Experience! - 5edf0dbe.jpg
    First X Metal Experience! - f267210c.jpg

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. sunpoh

sunpoh Oakley Enthusiast

In my honest opinion, you over paid a little, but still nice pick up! :)

3. Oakleynerd

Oakleynerd Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

i hope they will fit your face . . .

4. S-works

S-works 奥克利专家

i hope it fits well... Penny's are the smallest among all the x metals...

congrats on your first x metal purchase dude!! cheers!!

5. bad fishy

bad fishy Oakley Expert

Yeah, they look awesome but are very small frames. I hope they fit you good.

6. BriP

BriP X-Metalhead

yeah also finding authentic lenses for the penny is hard.. very hard.

7. Razerwire

Razerwire And then there was X...

Yeah. I gladly paid $90 for my pair of new Ice Iridiums. The frame and old lenses I picked up for $100. :D

8. xmetalmaniac

xmetalmaniac Made of Metal Premium Member Lifetime Member

Its nice to dive into a pair of xmetals for the first time. However I may have asked around a bit first before diving into Penny's, especially if you never tried them on.

9. good2mod

good2mod Oakley Collector

good pick!

10. Mickle

Mickle Oakley Beginner

I'm quite small myself, actually I'm very small, 5'4. Thankfully I don't have a big boof head either. A lot of Oakley's are actually too big for me (Scalpel, Fuel Cell, Hollbrook, Frogskins - just to name a few) all give me that blowfly look! So I should be right with the Penny's I think!? If not, they'll make a nice display piece to my collection!

By the way, how do I go about getting my hands on some of those Ruby lenses you tend to see in a lot of them? I'm assuming aftermarket ones are easy to come by, but what about proper Oakley lenses?