• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

First X Metal Experience!

Mickle

Oakley Expert
Australia, NSW
I decided it was time to bite the bullet and purchase my first ever X Metal! So I dived right into the deep end of the pool and bought myself a pair of Polished/Black Iridium Penny's

Being completely new to X Metals I'm not exactly sure what I'm doing tho! I've never even seen a pair in the flesh let alone try a pair on! Only thing I have ever seen are pictures on the net. So, to be totally honest, I don't even know what a good deal is on these things! Not sure whats fair, what is over-priced or what a bargain is!?

Anywho, I thought "What the heck!, gotta start somewhere!" and I pulled the trigger and talked a guy on eBay down from his original asking price of $360 to $275! Item description stated that the frame was flawless and everything was tight. Said there were some minor marks on the lens, but I'm not too worried about that because I plan on getting different ones anyway. Comes with soft vault, microbag, coin but no box!

[Edit] Removed eBay seller's pics and added my own now that they have arrived

Let me know what you guys think!? Hopefully I did okay for a first timer!! :confused:

bac37203.jpg

69092817.jpg

5edf0dbe.jpg

f267210c.jpg

i hope it fits well... Penny's are the smallest among all the x metals...

congrats on your first x metal purchase dude!! cheers!!

Its nice to dive into a pair of xmetals for the first time. However I may have asked around a bit first before diving into Penny's, especially if you never tried them on.

Its nice to dive into a pair of xmetals for the first time. However I may have asked around a bit first before diving into Penny's, especially if you never tried them on.

I'm quite small myself, actually I'm very small, 5'4. Thankfully I don't have a big boof head either. A lot of Oakley's are actually too big for me (Scalpel, Fuel Cell, Hollbrook, Frogskins - just to name a few) all give me that blowfly look! So I should be right with the Penny's I think!? If not, they'll make a nice display piece to my collection!

By the way, how do I go about getting my hands on some of those Ruby lenses you tend to see in a lot of them? I'm assuming aftermarket ones are easy to come by, but what about proper Oakley lenses?

Latest Posts

Back