• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

First XX TiO2

So when I posted yesterday I had only looked at the pair in indoor lighting. Outside, in sunshine, I realise it's a bit more patchy than I thought.

Is there a way of reconditioning easily. Perhaps steel wool 0000? Has anyone done that? Does it bring back the silvery plasma or become more like polished?
I received a Plasma Juliet that I bought that had a 'Patina' to it but it looked like it was growing green mold in the daylight......it's X-Metal now :)

Would people get the plasma parts refinished or keep with the golden sheen. My feeling is keep but what about others?
Depends if you are going to wear and keep this pair. If the discoloration bothers you while wearing or displaying this pair then I would refinish. Tough decision because this pair is complete, at least it is not a first gen though. I am leaning towards a refinish.

Haven't heard back from Xman. Not sure. My perfectionist side is telling me to refinish or sell and keep searching for a perfect one!