1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. TheDutchman92

TheDutchman92 Oakley Enthusiast

I like the style of the Gascan regular but the stems put pressure on my temples so it isn't a perfect fit. I was looking at pics of the S and the stems seem to curve a bit more than the regular, does this result in a more comfortable fit? Usually I'd go to a store and try them on first but since it's an old model I don't have the liberty of doing that so I have to buy off ebay. Does anyone have any comparison pics or photos of how they fit on a person (even better)?

Cheers guys

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Juleye Exclusive Eyewear

Juleye Exclusive Eyewear http://www.juleye.nl

I can say that they are a lot smaller than the regular Gascan's. If you have that problems with the normal Gascan, don't get yourself a Gascan S (unless you just like them and want to have them for your collection ;-))

3. xmetalmaniac

xmetalmaniac Made of Metal Premium Member Lifetime Member

The top pair are Gascan S. the bottom are the standard Gascan

Fit Questions: Gascan S - ujyna7ah.jpg Fit Questions: Gascan S - ma2arebe.jpg Fit Questions: Gascan S - 6a3a7ase.jpg

4. OakleyGuru379

OakleyGuru379 What is that thing?!

They dont really have a different fit to them, but many people complained about the tendency that Gascans have to fall off your face, so Oakley made a sportier model that holds on to your head better.

5. xmetalmaniac

xmetalmaniac Made of Metal Premium Member Lifetime Member

Actually they do have a different fit depending on who wears them. I find that the Gascan S contours my face better and feel snug and secure. The Gascan has gaps at the temple hinge points for me. I have 9 pairs of Gascan s and 13 pairs of gascans. There is a big difference in the fit of them. Its a completely different size frame also, which needs an s style lens.

6. EditReject

EditReject Oakley Enthusiast

:thumb:

I totally agree. This describes the S on me as well. The only thing is that the stems wrap too much that I can definitely feel them when they are on for significant length of time.

7. TheDutchman92

TheDutchman92 Oakley Enthusiast

Sounds like the GS is a no go then. Thanks all I appreciate it