• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Fitment Preferences

MrSneis

Oakley Beginner
Arizona
Now that I'm becoming a o junkie, I've come to realize something that makes me very sad ~ I think my head shape is just too weird for some of my favorite styles.

Juliet - Face is too big -> X squared seems to match my face better but I still like the look of Juliet better
Gascan - OK on my face but loose fitting -> Fuel cell is a perfect fit but I personally prefer the sharper lines of the Gascan
Frogskins - OK on my face but loose fitting -> Holbrooks fit perfect but again I prefer the Frogs look because the flatter more even thickness orbitals.

I guess at the end of the day there are those pairs that you collect and those that you wear :(

Now that I'm becoming a o junkie, I've come to realize something that makes me very sad ~ I think my head shape is just too weird for some of my favorite styles.

Juliet - Face is too big -> X squared seems to match my face better but I still like the look of Juliet better
Gascan - OK on my face but loose fitting -> Fuel cell is a perfect fit but I personally prefer the sharper lines of the Gascan
Frogskins - OK on my face but loose fitting -> Holbrooks fit perfect but again I prefer the Frogs look because the flatter more even thickness orbitals.

I guess at the end of the day there are those pairs that you collect and those that you wear :(

Very true about the Juliet versus the X squared, took awhile for me to switch to the x squared. There are some pluses to this frame.

There is a mod for the gascan to make it fit just a bit tighter. There is a seller on Ebay that has micro foam inserts that fit in the temple area where it meets the frame. It takes up minimal space and makes the temples fit better. I am SURE you can find this stuff in a craft store, and do it yourself for $1.00.... Ebay Seller info: deke70

Also if you like the lines on the Gascan, you might want to try the Gascan S. I like the fit and style so much I now have 4 different pairs. It is discontinued, however Ebay has them and you can't go wrong with this model....

I can't provide much on Frogs or Holbrooks, I don't own any yet.... But because of this site, I will here shortly!!!!

I would recommend the Gascan S as well. I own the brown smoke/tungsten iridium and I´m very happy with them.

The problem for me is that I prefer the fit of the more 'wrap around' styles such as the Gascan, and they always look cool on everyone else, but for some reason wrap around style sunglasses don't suit me. I love the fit but I always look like a douche, so I just to stick to Frogskins because they suit me.

Back