• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Fixing A Pair Of Frogs

froghog

Oakley Beginner
I have had a pair of frog become too loose because the orbital nub has become too worn down to secure the legs. I thought about many different ways to repair this and none seemed like they would do the trick. I just recently had a thought that I wanted to run by you gents. I think if you could remove the orbital nub from the damaged pair and remove one from an undamaged pair and swap the nub. I think glue would hold it but I also thought of somewhat melting the plastic some too. Does anyone have any thoughts about this? If your moda3 were not wearable would you do this? It would not be a visible repair when displaying or wearing the shades.

I would get some plastic glue and drop a small dab of it on each side of the nub and let it dry overnight. Once it hardens it will basically be making up for that lack of plastic and the stems should snap back on. I've done this with a pair of Holbrooks that had worn stem nubs and it fixed it perfectly.

Honestly, the stem would be holding the glue to the nub so IMO unless you were taking the stems off often it should be fine.

Does anyone know how to make the legs on a pair of frogs closer to your face? I bought a pair off of Craigslist and the orbitals are fine but the legs are very wide

Sorry I don't mean to derail this thread just thought it would fit since it is about fixing a pair of frogs

Menendez, I've heard the same strategy just different location for the glue. Place a dab of glue where the stems touch the orbitals when they are open. Should tighten them up a bit. I don't have to do this because I guess I have a huge head. CRJ what did you do with the gold supremes? Get a refund or what? If you got a refund that guy may try to sell them to another one us.

Menendez, I've heard the same strategy just different location for the glue. Place a dab of glue where the stems touch the orbitals when they are open. Should tighten them up a bit. I don't have to do this because I guess I have a huge head. CRJ what did you do with the gold supremes? Get a refund or what? If you got a refund that guy may try to sell them to another one us.

there's a pair of gold supreme on the Bay. with a a "problem" with the left ear stem. could be the same pair?

Back