• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Flak 2.0 polarized lens options?

Saphire Blue Polar vs deep water polar:

Flak 2.0, Saphire Polar vs Deep Prizm Polar Pics

These are both XL lenses. The best standard lens right now is the 00 red polar.

08c41f6436dcbc7185bf1764a0385b89.jpg

XL tends to be bigger, like the XLJ lenses were from the older half frame sports pairs. They dropped the J when the Fast jacket came out.

There's also a quarter jacket, which is even smaller.

Quarter Jacket? LOL....gonna look. I like the light weight rubber and how it feels. On line, I can only find the half jacket that are polarized in all black. Gonna score a pair of those. Was hoping to find an OO red with red socks like the listed for sale here. But...will look at the 1/4 jackets. Thanks again.

Called my local O store and they had only one pair of polished black w/black polar iridium ones left for $180 (OO9144-04). She told me that after 7pm, she will be able to knock 30% off when I come in on Dec 4th. I see some on eBay...for only a couple bucks cheaper. So...eh.

I like all black, so these will be my first new pair of Oakleys in 10 years....aside from the carbon Ferrari blades that are just sitting on display. Got those dirt cheap...like $140. Seller on eBay sold about 40+ pairs in a few hrs.

I will check out the blue lenses when I get there. Shame they didn't make 00 RED or Ruby red that are polarized. Are lenses and socks easy to change? Or just keep an eye out for another frame. Will lenses from another model fit that are not HUGE in comparison? Thanks!

Last edited:
Correction....looking at the website, they do offer OO RED....just not polarized. Think I will just get the black/black polar ones first...see how I enjoy them...if I do, get another 1 or 2 frames for red & blue lenses and socks. Again....thx guys.

Latest Posts

Back