1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. pistolpetefan23

pistolpetefan23 Oakley Expert Premium Member

Statement: Flak 2.0 is the best and most versatile non-Elite/XM frame Oakley has ever made.

Discuss.

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. OakleyFrankFMJ

OakleyFrankFMJ The Legend - - Vlad the Impaler Premium Member Lifetime Member

Personally I would think the M-Frame and I know who would agree and have a WHOLE BUNCH of points to make to back it up. ;)

Last edited: 7/27/16
    motoGP_fanatic, thisguy and Wavecloud like this.
  3. OakleyBoss

OakleyBoss Moderator Staff Member Administrator

Radar EV - Same technology, but no blind spot over your nose.

Actually would agree that in the sports field the Flak/Radar technology, grips etc. are the most versatile and overall top performers for Sunglasses. Not sure between those 2 though!

OakleyFreak likes this.
  4. Dallas O Hog

Dallas O Hog O.C.D. Oakley Collecting Disorder haha Premium Member Lifetime Member

Yea I love the EV

Sent from: Outer Space

5. QLR1

QLR1 DARK SIDE, embraced!

I just hate I'm not suited for those frames. Jawbreaker is my favorite sports frame :rofl:

Sent from Q's Note5

Wavecloud likes this.
  6. Blockster

Blockster Oakley Enthusiast

Flak 1.0!

7. Rustpot

Rustpot M Frame Lover Premium Member

Radar EV : We needed to extend the vision on the Radar with a goofy frame bump just to get back to where the M Frame has been since 1989.

@OakleyFrankFMJ
    ;)

I'm up for a good discussion. I don't own an EV, but I've had pretty much everything else.

If the M Frame is looked at as a whole system, where the Pro, New, and 3.0 all fall under the same umbrella, nothing has even a chance at competing.

I'd love a new take on the M Frame that isn't trying too hard to be too many things (*cough* Alpha *cough*) or a simplistic rendition with hopes to bring in sales by "modernizing" the frame and lens (*cough* M2 *cough*) we'd see a package unrivaled by the other offerings.

10 lens sizes/shapes, every tint under the sun, rigid stem frames, comfortable wrap frames, tight hugging ballistic frames, head straps, helo kits..... all topped off by the fastest lens changes of any frame? Not even a competition.

8. OakleyFreak

OakleyFreak RIP RoTors

Flak 2.0 Meh

I had one pair and sold them
    The parifial vision of the hinge and ear stem killed it for me, I hate to see any part of the lens or frame from side to side
    The frame seemed to narrow

YMMV

9. schnitzeraffe

schnitzeraffe Oakley Enthusiast Premium Member

I LOVE my Flak 2.0, but...

I think I'd have to give the nod to my old M-Frames.

All my newer sunglasses have a small chunk of peripheral vision obscured by the frame.

Flak 2.0, Radarlock, Radar EV, M-Frame Alpha - I can see the frame where the arms come around from each side.

When looking straight ahead it is noticeable (if I look right or left it is VERY noticeable).

My old school M-Frames do not have that problem.

10. OakleyFreak

OakleyFreak RIP RoTors

I would also had Radar , at least for me to that
    My Radars Radarlock Radar EV have no obstruction of vision

And @Rustpot I agree with the RadarEV Change. Its too gimmicky , I will ony have the one pair
    Radar and Radrlock are far better for me