1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. 1alembic

1alembic Oakley Beginner

HI, I am looking to see if anyone has a pair of Flak Jacket 2.0, Quarter, or Half Jacket and could measure the length and width of the lenses. I'd like to see if these could be donor lenses for a x squared frame.
    Thanks.

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Pat

Pat Oakley Enthusiast

I was actually wondering the exact same question. Anyone have an answer?

3. SMman

SMman Oakley Collector

Quarter Jacket 2 1/4" wide x 1 3/8" high

4. 1alembic

1alembic Oakley Beginner

Thanks SMman.
    The X Squared lenses are about 57mm (2.25 inches) horizontally, and 34mm (1.34 inches)vertically. So the quarter jacket is the same width and only slightly taller.
    I think this one is too close to call. The shape could be different enough where the corners of the X-Squared might stick out past the edges of the Quarter Jacket lenses???
    I guess only way to tell for sure is to have both pairs of lenses and set them on top of each other.

Maybe the Half Jackets will be more obvious.

5. SMman

SMman Oakley Collector

I was measuring with lenses in the frame. I might have added a bit for the height because of the frame. I measured again and it looks very close to the 57mm and 34mm in the middle of the lenses. The height is more towards the edges.

6. 1alembic

1alembic Oakley Beginner

ok. Thanks again!