1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. ausoakley

ausoakley Oakley Expert

This is probably a noob question but I'm only new to flaks so here goes. Just wondering how the middle of the o icon can be the same colour even if I change the ear sock ? Example of what I mean: I currently have 1 flak jacket with red ear socks but want to change to black and the middle of the o is red, how does this work?

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. OBlazer

OBlazer Oakley Enthusiast

I dont completely understand the question... but the O (including the color inside of the O) is adhered to the frame. the ear sock fits around this molded O, so if you change the ear sock, the O and the color inside of the O stay the same. The only way to get a new color inside of the O is to find someone selling just the O's or frankenstein a pair together out of parts from another model.

hope this helps

3. Mizztyler91

Mizztyler91 Oakley Beginner

You unfortunately can't change the color of the "O" or the middle of the O. Like OBlazer said, those are part of the frame. The unobtanium around the O is the only thing you can change.

4. ausoakley

ausoakley Oakley Expert

Thanks, sorry for any misunderstanding but you both answered my question. Just asking about changing the color in the middle of the o. I knew that the earsock went around the o so thats how i came to ask this question.Thanks for your replies

5. echav23

echav23 Oakley Enthusiast

The only way to change the color in the middle of the icon would be to paint it. The inside of the "O" on Flak's is not part of the frame, so you're stuck with the middle color unless you paint it or swap it with a different colored icon.

6. ausoakley

ausoakley Oakley Expert

I received the white text flaks from a forum member and I'm amazed at how comfortable they are. I didn't think I'd like the half frame but I love it, more to see in peripherals