• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

For Sale Flak Jacket Frames

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
U

Username Hidden

I just got a Half Jacket 2.0 and like them better than my Flaks so I'm getting rid of my Flaks. I have two black Flak Jacket frames. These frames have no paint. They were my experiments in frame painting and polishing. One has the original textured plastic and the other has been polished. Very good condition. Comes with temple and earpiece black rubber but no nosepieces and no lenses.

$40 each or both for $75 shipped within the US.

More info:

In the pics the frame on the right is the textured one and the one on the left is the one which was polished. The polished frame now has a matte finish which is pretty consistent so I'm going to leave it that way and if the buyer wants to use plastic polish to shine it up then he or she can.

The orientation of the frames are consistent throughout the photos. Sorry I forgot the right side of the right pair (textured) one.

Also, as you can see there are no icons on the frames. I removed the icons before painting but I misplaced them.

Here are the pics:

DSCN0436.jpg

DSCN0437.jpg

DSCN0438.jpg

DSCN0439.jpg

DSCN0440.jpg

DSCN0441.jpg

DSCN0442.jpg

DSCN0443.jpg

DSCN0444.jpg

DSCN0445.jpg

Some people reacted to this post.
Pics are great and helpful.......

Pm me pics interested thanks.

Sorry everyone, it's been a long weekend but added the pics. PM if you are interested. Thanks!

Bumps!

Not sure anyone would buy them without icons or any oakley markings. Good luck on your sale.

Actually, one the one I polished never came with "Oakley Markings" since it was a SI model like this:

https://secure.usstandardissue.com/Product_Detail.cfm?id=75#

The other one had flaking paint so it was stripped? I never tried to call Oakley for the Icons but I think my price reflects the effort involved to try to obtain them.

Oakley wont send out icons. I tried. Had a pair of flaks that the icon fell off.

Username Hidden said:
Oakley wont send out icons. I tried. Had a pair of flaks that the icon fell off.

Thanks for the info. Maybe I'll just keep them and use them. Doesn't seem like anyone is interested anyway. Kinda sucks that Oakley doesn't want to send out something which represents their product.

I'll keep the ad up anyways. Maybe someone would be interested. If not it will just fade away.

Probably has to do with copying fakes. I bet if you walk it into HQ, and say they fell off, they might replace it under warranty.

Latest Posts

Back