• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Flak Jacket - New Purchase Issue

theory.beta

Oakley Beginner
Hi all,

Thanks for reading. So, I've bought a pair of Flak Jacket (asian fit, with prescription) from LensCrafters (owned by the same company as Oakley) a while back, and just picked it up yesterday. However, I've got a few problems with it.

1) When I received the sunglasses, there was only the sunglasses and a pouch. No hard-shell case, spare nose pad, authenticity paper, or instructions on changing lenses.
2) When I asked for the original non-prescription lenses, the guy from LensCrafters said Oakley didn't send it to them, though I paid the price for sunglasses+prescription lenses. They claimed to have ordered everything from Oakley and that was all I could get.
3) I couldn't find the "Made In USA" anywhere on the frame, is there one?

Please let me know if you've encountered any of these problems, or possibly know how to resolve them. It's a weekend today so I might to call Oakley to find out more myself. Thanks again.

1) I've never dealt with Lens Crafters, but if they are like Sunglass Hut (also owned by Luxottica), they may not keep the packaging. Flaks don't usually come with hard cases, but you should have gotten the spare nose pads though.

2) Go back and get your lenses. If you paid for them, go fight for them.

3) Some (most) of the newer frames don't carry the "Made in USA" mark anymore, as many O frames are now made overseas and assembled in the USA. Yeah, it sucks.

I have a dozen Flaks and they all came with the soft vault like this.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1402773297399.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1402773297399.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 193
Oh well, mine is just a microfiber pouch, no vault of any sort...I guess I'd have to call them next week to just confirm the order. If that's what it is, so be it.

Oh well, mine is just a microfiber pouch, no vault of any sort...I guess I'd have to call them next week to just confirm the order. If that's what it is, so be it.

Don't get down. I've got plenty of extras. If you can't get one, let me know and I'll send you a soft vault.

@fretburner79 You're very kind. But I will call Oakley to find out what happened.
It does not matter a lot to me but I need to find a justification for why the product I received was delivered in such a sketchy way. It's almost ridiculous.

Thanks to everyone else who replied. I'll keep ya posted.

Oakley is not gonna do anything but tell you that they dont keep the lenses.
My GF just gave up after she had some sunnies made and didnt get the factory lenses.
She just opted to not use Lens Crafters again for something like this.

Guys you know what? I'll just return the sunglasses for a refund. I'm tired of all this stuff...so much for prescription sunglasses!

Back