• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Flak Jacket - New Purchase Issue

I don't know about Lenscrafters, but Oakley stores don't let you return RX orders. They are final sales. Good luck. Keep us posted.

I just ordered RX sunglasses through an Oakley store and although I haven't received them yet I asked what is included. They told me everything that would come if I was to buy the regular glasses.

Maybe he can return the frames and keep the rx lenese, then buy another frame / lenses for his rx lenses.
Its not his fault someone didnt get his factory lenses that were already paid for when he bought the Flaks.
I thunk I kight see if my gf can do that too.

77RRad, that's exactly what I did today.
So I asked them if I can keep the lenses while return the frame; I'd have to wait till Monday when their manager comes in.
Also, the guy (different from the one earlier) actually gave me the Oakley case+pair of nose pads; I guess the guy from earlier was just being an ass, saying Oakley doesn't have any cases whatsoever.

So overall, I've got everything except the non-prescription lenses, in which I will get in touch with the LensCrafters manager and try order another set of frame (that includes original lenses) while returning the frame right now (while I'm keeping the prescription lenses).

I got my Rx Flaks directly from an Oakley store and I was given the vault case, extra nosepads, etc. I would suggest trying to do your future orders through an O Store.

Talked with an Oakley Authorized Prescription dealer and was told that if you go the straight Rx route for your Oakleys upon purchase... You will not get the non-prescription lenses. Person said that it would be a wiser choice to purchase the frame you want first and then have it Rx-ed, so you can get your hands on the factory lenses.

And I would probably say it would be best to remove the lenses before sending them in. I don't think Oakley needs the lenses because they probably have all the information they need in their computers.

When I bought mine, I was charged a fee for the frame and a fee for the perscription lenses. The fee for the frame was significantly less expensive than it would have been for me to have bought the frame with non-script lenses and then had Rx lenses manufactured seperately.

Yes, plus you get a 20% discount on top of that if you have vision insurance, and you don't get charged sales tax.

If you buy the frame separately you get sales tax and no discount. My frame (Fast Jacket) came out to $112.

On top of that my insurance company reimbursed me $50. They wouldn't have done that had I bought the frames separately. It wouldn't have shown as them being for a prescription.

Back