• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Flak Jacket Prizm Deep Water Lenses?

Oak Heel

I am Jim Jannard...
Premium Member
Just purchased Deep Water Prizm Lenses for my Flak Jacket by phone, but realized afterwards in the details it says lens color is deep blue iridium polarized. The product description and heading implies you are getting the Prizm deep water polarized lenses. Confused about which lens you get the Prizm or deep blue iridium. I believe those are different lenses. Doesn't matter too much since I bought some XLJ VR28BIP for wearing most of the time.

Link here: Oakley Flak Jacket PRIZM Deep Water in POLISHED CARBON / DEEP BLUE IRIDIUM POLARIZED | Oakley

Yeah, that's really weird. I'm pretty sure those are Deep Blue Iridium Polarized, not Prizm Deep Blue. Deep Blue is different, and different than Ice even. It's a deeper, richer blue with some purple hues I believe. For fishing applications, it would be good, but probably not quite like the Prizm Deep Blue Fishing. Odd that they would have Prizm in the description. If you already ordered them, I'd take a screen shot of that and then contact them afterwards to complain and see if they'll give you the Prizm as it says in headline.

Yeah, that's really weird. I'm pretty sure those are Deep Blue Iridium Polarized, not Prizm Deep Blue. Deep Blue is different, and different than Ice even. It's a deeper, richer blue with some purple hues I believe. For fishing applications, it would be good, but probably not quite like the Prizm Deep Blue Fishing. Odd that they would have Prizm in the description. If you already ordered them, I'd take a screen shot of that and then contact them afterwards to complain and see if they'll give you the Prizm as it says in headline.

They shipped today so we will see in 2 days what they come with. Pulled up the listing on my laptop and I now see the lenses have the "polarized" etching instead of "prizm." Just strange they would plaster the prizm info throughout the description. The deep blue iridium seems to be a pretty well liked lens, but not as much as the prizm. Somewhat bummed, but I did get those screenshots! Thanks

They shipped today so we will see in 2 days what they come with. Pulled up the listing on my laptop and I now see the lenses have the "polarized" etching instead of "prizm." Just strange they would plaster the prizm info throughout the description. The deep blue iridium seems to be a pretty well liked lens, but not as much as the prizm. Somewhat bummed, but I did get those screenshots! Thanks

I ordered the same glasses as you and they turned out to be Deep Blue Iridium polarized lenses, not the Prizm lenses I was hoping for. They look really nice so I didn't bother returning them to Oakley. Oakley also made a similar mistake with the Straight Jacket Desert Camo with bronze polarized lenses. It looks like the multi cam-type pattern on the website but the ones I received were the Kings Camo pattern without the Kings logo on the lens.

My PRIZM Deep Water Polarized lenses are blue Iridium. Mine both came in see-through packaging clearly marked PRIZM Deep Water Polarized, and they are a pretty deep Blue color.

Back