• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Flak Jacket Vs Flak Jacket XLJ

jrsharp21

Oakley Beginner
Hi guys,

I am pretty new to the Oakley world. I received a pair of Oakley Flak Jacket XLJ (jet black with black iridium lenses) as a tee prize at a golf scramble. I really love the fit of these glasses, but I am not a big fan of how the lenses look. My XLJ's have the lenses that have the curve at the bottom of the lense. I like the more traditional lenses like on the Flak Jackets. My question is are the lenses on the Flak Jacket interchangeable with the XLJ?

I really don't have any idea what I am talking about, so any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Thanks guys. I am looking at getting some aftermarket replacement lenses based on some of the suggestions offered on the board. I have emailed Evolense. I heard back from them right away. They asked if I wanted normal Flak Jacket lenses or the XLJ. I told them regular and haven't heard from them since. I may try the other seller on Ebay that seems to have good reviews on here.

I would stick with Oakley lenses, one of the major selling points of Oakley is their superior optical quality. You will not find a better lens in any other sunglass.

Not to mention you can run into fitment issues with some of the aftermarket lenses.

Spend the extra money on Oakley lenses to avoid potential headaches down the road.

I would personally stick with OEM Oakley lenses for performance. The clarity of Oakley lenses are unmatched and you will only spend a little bit more.

Back