Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses
  1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!

Flak Jacket vs Flak Jacket XLJ

Discussion in 'Oakley Sunglasses Discussion' started by jrsharp21, 5/29/12.

jrsharp21

jrsharp21 Oakley Beginner

Hi guys,

I am pretty new to the Oakley world. I received a pair of Oakley Flak Jacket XLJ (jet black with black iridium lenses) as a tee prize at a golf scramble. I really love the fit of these glasses, but I am not a big fan of how the lenses look. My XLJ's have the lenses that have the curve at the bottom of the lense. I like the more traditional lenses like on the Flak Jackets. My question is are the lenses on the Flak Jacket interchangeable with the XLJ?

I really don't have any idea what I am talking about, so any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Register to Not see this ad
    BriP

BriP X-Metalhead

yes, frame is same, lenses are swappable
    qBan

qBan The Hijinxer

what brip said :)
    jrsharp21

jrsharp21 Oakley Beginner

Thanks guys. I am looking at getting some aftermarket replacement lenses based on some of the suggestions offered on the board. I have emailed Evolense. I heard back from them right away. They asked if I wanted normal Flak Jacket lenses or the XLJ. I told them regular and haven't heard from them since. I may try the other seller on Ebay that seems to have good reviews on here.
    RetinaBurn

RetinaBurn Oakley Collector

I would stick with Oakley lenses, one of the major selling points of Oakley is their superior optical quality. You will not find a better lens in any other sunglass.
    SpliceD

SpliceD B-)

Not to mention you can run into fitment issues with some of the aftermarket lenses.

Spend the extra money on Oakley lenses to avoid potential headaches down the road.
    jiveSEVEN

jiveSEVEN I Should Work at Oakley...

I would personally stick with OEM Oakley lenses for performance. The clarity of Oakley lenses are unmatched and you will only spend a little bit more.
    Oakleynerd

Oakleynerd I should Work at Oakley Staff Member Premium Member

+1 jiveSEVEN!!
    dann

dann Oakley Beginner

+100 on original lenses. Don't cheap out on the most important tech on the glasses. Lenses aren't that much more.
    TheOakleyConnoissuer

TheOakleyConnoissuer Oakley Beginner

id have to agree dont go with aftermarkets