1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. gaping46and2

gaping46and2 Oakley Beginner

I've got kind of a smallish face. I've read different opinions of which frame is best for smaller faces, so I'm hoping someone can clear things up.

Are the original Half Jackets the smallest of the three? Then the Flak Jackets and the Half 2.0 roughly the same size?

Would the Half jackets look better on me based on the pic below? Thanks!

Flak Jacket vs Half Jacket vs Half Jacket 2.0 - ImageUploadedByTapatalk1444268740.254697.jpg

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Lexkempo

Lexkempo Frog Fanatic

I'd say Flak 1.0 is the smallest ... Try a regular lens instead of XLJ lens ...

3. gaping46and2

Flak Jacket vs Half Jacket vs Half Jacket 2.0 - ImageUploadedByTapatalk1444269607.171555.jpg

How's this? This frame feels larger than the first picture. I don't know what the difference is. They're both original Flak's.

4. Lexkempo

Lexkempo Frog Fanatic

Are they new or used?

Sometimes used frames can feel 'looser' or 'sloppier' because of used hinges...

5. gaping46and2

They're used. I just got them off eBay.

They look wider than the brand new frame I got off Amazon.

Flak Jacket vs Half Jacket vs Half Jacket 2.0 - ImageUploadedByTapatalk1444270061.929568.jpg
    Flak Jacket vs Half Jacket vs Half Jacket 2.0 - ImageUploadedByTapatalk1444270076.446223.jpg

6. Lexkempo

Lexkempo Frog Fanatic

So the used ones are looser, wider and don't fit like they used to?

@OakleyFrankFMJ

Lol ... It happens ... O matter does that over time ...

7. gaping46and2

Good to know. Thanks!

8. jon bev

jon bev Oakley Beginner

I would say the original half jacket XLJ would suit you perfect, i have a pair and they are too small for my face, i now have flak 2.0 XLJ which are perfect.

Bronzefunk likes this.
  9. SMman

SMman Oakley Collector

I have Flak Jacket and my brother in law has Half Jacket 2.0. His are noticibly tighter and both were bought new. Hope that helps.

10. Bronzefunk

Bronzefunk Oakley Enthusiast Premium Member Lifetime Member

first up i would say be mindful of lenses shape; STD vs XLJ
    XLJ usually covers more area and looks bigger but i think looks better
    STD looks smaller

secondly, the new Flak 2.0 def has larger lenses, more coverage than the others

thirdly, i think some of the half/flak/flak 2/half 2 may have asian fit frames which can be slightly wider. you'll need to research that further and maybe use the model number on the inside to see if they come up as Asian fit.
    i know for certain Flak 2.0 has regular and Asian fit and they are different sizes.

the pictures above both seem like the frame is a little too big for you so you may want to try a Half Jacket 1 or a Half Jacket 2.0, IMHO